New member Q-gctid377252

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member Q-gctid377252

Hello all: i am brand new to the forum, this being my second post. my current boat is a 1999 trophy 2052 which i purchased used 2 years ago. boat is down in FLA. for a complete makeover. new top and enclosure, new rail, electronics, windlass, guages,wiring, engine, the list goes on. the original engine was 4.3 carb. 190 hp. had low compression on two of six so boat never went north of 30 knots WOT.. was never sure of numbers before, as i had no smartcraft..

New motor is fuel injected, boosting my HP. to 220. which i am told will also increase my fuel economy. yesterday my mechanic-friend sent me a pic, of boat running 4600 RPM at 36.7 KNTS. smartcraft reading 15.8 GPH.

I was wondering what kind of numbers i can expect and where my sweet spot will be??? i understand that there are many factors that will determine these numbers, sea conditions, loaded weight , prop, etc etc. just looking to get a general idea of what to expect !! thanks Mike

prootze wrote:
    Hello all: i am brand new to the forum, this being my second post. my current boat is a 1999 trophy 2052 which i purchased used 2 years ago. boat is down in FLA. for a complete makeover. new top and enclosure, new rail, electronics, windlass, guages,wiring, engine, the list goes on. the original engine was 4.3 carb. 190 hp. had low compression on two of six so boat never went north of 30 knots WOT.. was never sure of numbers before, as i had no smartcraft..

New motor is fuel injected, boosting my HP. to 220. which i am told will also increase my fuel economy. yesterday my mechanic-friend sent me a pic, of boat running 4600 RPM at 36.7 KNTS. smartcraft reading 15.8 GPH.

I was wondering what kind of numbers i can expect and where my sweet spot will be??? i understand that there are many factors that will determine these numbers, sea conditions, loaded weight , prop, etc etc. just looking to get a general idea of what to expect !! thanks Mike
    I don't have a clue, but a bump to the top might help..

good luck

Comment

I complain that i get 4-5 gph.
      Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Working...
      X