running light bulb info on a 242-gctid376565

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running light bulb info on a 242-gctid376565

I had a bulb burn out on my port side running light at bow on my 2005 classic 242, I planned on getting one from our local NAPA but somehow managed to loose the bulb. Does anyone have the part number for this bulb as my boat is stored 5 hours away so it's not easy to go and pull the other side to get the number?

thank you

Was the bulb pointed on both ends?
    Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
    Twin 350 GM power
    Located in Seward, AK
    Retired marine surveyor

Comment

yes it was pointed with metal on both ends and about 3/4" long. ( I'm not a good judge of length though)

Comment

Here are the lamps mine uses.

0071DP0CLR 10watt Festoon Lamp aka 71DP

These are 1-1/8" long.
        Jim McNeely
        New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
        Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
        Brighton, Michigan USA
        MMSI # 367393410

Comment

Pretty sure you are looking for this. I am waiting to hear back from Dr. LED to see if they have a comparable part.Perko bulbHere is a pic of mine that I am replacing.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/680111=27100-Bulb pic.jpg[/img] Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/680111=27099-Bulb pic.jpg[/img]

Comment

JimMc wrote:
            Here are the lamps mine uses.

0071DP0CLR 10watt Festoon Lamp aka 71DP

These are 1-1/8" long.
            You beat me to it.
            Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
            Twin 350 GM power
            Located in Seward, AK
            Retired marine surveyor

Comment

boatworkfl wrote:
              You beat me to it.
              I have a spreadsheet with spares info recorded.
              Jim McNeely
              Brighton, Michigan USA
              MMSI # 367393410

Comment

Thanks everyone, it's the one pictured next to the key. I'd also be interested in seeing about an LED replacement

Comment

My understanding is that LED replacements behind colored lenses need to be of the same color for optimum performance.

Be careful in this because your nav lights are rated based on a specific lamp. If you had a collision and it was found you modified the nav light this would be bad regardless of whether the light was the same with lamp or LED.
                  Jim McNeely
                  Brighton, Michigan USA
                  MMSI # 367393410

Comment

Jim, I hadn't thought about that, something to watch out for.

Comment

Here is the LED alternate. Interesting thought on the modification. Anyone else have any thoughts on it? I hadn't heard that issue before. Does it need to be the same color? I would like to replace the bulb and not have to worry about it ever again (making it worth the extra cost).

LED equivalent.

Comment

I've found it easiest to just replace the entire assembly vice just the bulb for navigation lights. I've found too often that the contacts are worn/corroded...

Comment

The running lights on the 242/2452s are DE 3175. 10 watt festoon bulbs.

Available at walmart in the auto dept for about 3 bucks/pair.

The failure mode is the crimped wire thru the end caps become corroded and loose contact.

failure mode 2: The fixture uses crimp rivits for attaching the wires to the metal strips which carry power. Ditto on the corrosion. Clean it down and solder.

Been there and done that
                          Captharv 2001 2452
                          "When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

Comment

Working...
                          X