ses strainer water pressure-gctid376524

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ses strainer water pressure-gctid376524

I'm stumped on this one guys. Def need help! Had the boat out four times already ran great. I'm docked at a Volvo marina which is. good just in case i need parts. When I started the boat today I noticed water leaking from the sea strainer housing.I opened the cap and noticed the water to the top . So somewhere its not flowing into the manifold.

Here's what I did to eliminate the process. Before u comment on the strainer. It is brand new. I changed it last year due to leaking as well. But it wasn't backing up like now. Also the manifold is three years old. When I open the manifold per cock no water came out. The water eventually went down so its going somewhere. I put my mouth over the housing and blew into it and didn't seem like there was anything stuck. I had the boat full toms and stayed at constant 190. So overheating isn't an issue. Impellers obviously pumping water. I was thinking when I get back to the dock to take the water from the strainer housing to the manifoldand make sure ita clear of crap.

I always remeber the manifold being filled up with water. There isn't a drop in there. Is this ok? Has to flowing througjt it other wise wouldnt the engine overheat or crack the block? I can't wait to put that new aq125 in next year .runs so much better then this one! If you can respond by post here or give me a call. 914-772-7945. Like to work on it today. Joe

After blowing into the strainer few more times. I just ran the boat five minutes at 4600 rpms and miraculously no water leaking. Huh. I forgot to mentioned early that one of my manifold gaskets need to be changed. I can hear a hissing air noise coming from it.. does this have to be done right away. Or can it wait? Thanks

Comment

The manifold gasket may also be leaking INSIDE the engine... and that will lead to a new engine if not fixed yesterday.
      Doug ;}
      MMSI: 338068776
      "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

The boat was running great after i blew into the strainer few times. This is got me stumped on why it was doing this. goaweigh I oped up the petcock on the water to connceting the strainer to the manifold and water was draining out.

Comment

Working...
        X