Led light replacement 3055-gctid375225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Led light replacement 3055-gctid375225

Hi, I am wanting to replace the two lights in my radar arch with leds. I tried changing just the bulbs but am not convinced so would like to change the complete lights. has anyone been through this exercise ?

I replaced my arch lights with LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs.com

4210-CWHP6 Cool White 8~30 16566 lm 7000K 120 14.95

You say you are "not convinced", in what way are you unsatisfied?
    Jim McNeely
    New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
    Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
    Brighton, Michigan USA
    MMSI # 367393410

Comment

JimMc wrote:

I did the same, same lights and I like them alot.

Comment

I replaced mine with the same also and love them. As a matter of fact i changed every bulb in my cockpit to the LED's as well as my courtesy lights. They look much better.

Comment

Richey Rich wrote:
          I replaced mine with the same also and love them. As a matter of fact i changed every bulb in my cockpit to the LED's as well as my courtesy lights. They look much better.
          Do you remember what bulb number was your galley pucks? I think mine are a bi pin halogen right now... Wondering what the conversion is for led?

Comment

The bi-pin halogen is a G4 bulb; they come in either back pin or side pin configurations. Easy change out....

Comment

For the cabin lights I used

G4-CWHP10-D Cool White LED 10~30VDC 205 111 lm 7000K 120 14.95

with a side pin base. They were a direct swap out on our boat.

We tried warm white and cool white. We prefer the cool white.

Others say the warm white are closer to incandescent lamps. I thought they were too red.

Here is a comparison.

Left - Cool White LED

Center - Halogen 10W

Right - Warm White LED

Jim McNeely
              Brighton, Michigan USA
              MMSI # 367393410

Comment

We just changed out all our G4 halogens on our 4087; Like Jim, we went with the cool white. Looks great, and the power draw change is amazing.

Comment

Looks like these might be a slightly cheaper alternative to SuperBrightLed and appear to have 2 more LEDs...No clue on the quality of them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-6000K-8-S...ht_5981wt_1156

Comment

aa2300 wrote:
                    Looks like these might be a slightly cheaper alternative to SuperBrightLed and appear to have 2 more LEDs...No clue on the quality of them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-6000K-8-S...ht_5981wt_1156
                    It's a festoon bulb vice G4:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-5-x-New-...417221&vxp=mtr

Comment

JimMc wrote:

I have replaced all of the cabin light bulbs and they are great, but for the radar arch i had to use the festoon type bulb, sometimes you get a good contact and other times no go, dam annoying, so for this reason I thought of replacing the whole light fitting,

Comment

Have you checked the electrical connections to the arch light fixture?

Have you tried tightening the spring clips.

Is it one or both lights? If so at the same or different times?

With the lens off and the lights turned on try tapping with your finger and see if you can find an intermittant connection.

I have had zero issue with the arch lights.
                        Jim McNeely
                        Brighton, Michigan USA
                        MMSI # 367393410

Comment

JimMc wrote:
                          Have you checked the electrical connections to the arch light fixture?

Have you tried tightening the spring clips.

Is it one or both lights? If so at the same or different times?

With the lens off and the lights turned on try tapping with your finger and see if you can find an intermittant connection.

I have had zero issue with the arch lights.
                          Hi Jim, Yeah pretty much tried all of the above. Tested the power source to the fittings which was constant, Tweaked the spring contacts, Cleaned the spring contacts. And yes both lights the same, maybe these are crap leds, i just don't know

Comment

TPONZ wrote:
                            Hi Jim, Yeah pretty much tried all of the above. Tested the power source to the fittings which was constant, Tweaked the spring contacts, Cleaned the spring contacts. And yes both lights the same, maybe these are crap leds, i just don't know
                            BTW, was looking at pics of your boat, very nice and great switch board, also I had never noticed that the 305's had the stainless port holes surrounds not to mention better locking device on the inside, I did get mine sorted in the end, so that's all good.

Comment

Tponz, I'm sure Jim was getting to this, but if both lights go out at the same time then it sounds like something common to both like a faulty ground connection, bad switch or connection path that is common to both like the switch, fuse holder, connections along this path, etc. Did you have a similar problem when you had the standard bulbs in? If so then rule out the LED's as being faulty and stick to a wiring issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X