3055 12v Horn-gctid374303

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3055 12v Horn-gctid374303

I need to replace the 12v horn that lives on top of the radar arch, as mine has died. I don't really want to have chrome trumpets on show but would like a loud sound when needed. Has anybody fitted air horns, I was thinking that they may work if mounted in the engine room, close to the port side engine vent

someone has replaced this with a very loud electric horn, I cant remember who but I am sure theyll speak up. I believe you can get these in many places like west marine.

Comment

I installed chrome air horns just foreward of my windshield. The air compressor and tank lives under a dinette seat.

Comment

Even working the horn on the arch is weak.

I added an air horn up front by the windlass. The small pump is in the anchor locker.

I did not want the air horn behind me.

IMHO - Putting the horn inside the engine bay would likely not yield a good result.
        Jim McNeely
        New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
        Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
        Brighton, Michigan USA
        MMSI # 367393410

Comment

JimMc wrote:
          Even working the horn on the arch is weak.

I added an air horn up front by the windlass. The small pump is in the anchor locker.

I did not want the air horn behind me.

IMHO - Putting the horn inside the engine bay would likely not yield a good result.
          Thanks Jim, So are your trumpets inside your anchor locker or mounted on the outside ?

Comment

My horn trumpet is on the front deck by the anchor roller.

In order to make the horn work I had to run a wire from the helm. Running the wire was the hard part of the install.

If interested I can detail the choices of route for running the wire. I say "wire" because I cheated and connected to the existing windlass negative. I only ran a positive wire from the helm switch.

Jim McNeely
            New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
            Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
            Brighton, Michigan USA
            MMSI # 367393410

Comment

JimMc wrote:
              My horn trumpet is on the front deck by the anchor roller.

In order to make the horn work I had to run a wire from the helm. Running the wire was the hard part of the install.

If interested I can detail the choices of route for running the wire. I say "wire" because I cheated and connected to the existing windlass negative. I only ran a positive wire from the helm switch.

Hey thanks, That looks good there, Thanks again for taking the time to post a photo.

Comment

Working...
              X