Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boat leveler fluid overfilled and leak...overflow or did I damage it?-gctid374269

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat leveler fluid overfilled and leak...overflow or did I damage it?-gctid374269

Simple question. I messed up and filled my boat leveler fluid reservior to the full line with the tabs in full down position, then when I was testing them in the full up it filled the reservoir up too much and fluid started running out from the back of the unit and oozing down the transom. Did I screw up my unit or is there some type of purge or overflow hose?

rkcarguy wrote:
    Simple question. I messed up and filled my boat leveler fluid reservior to the full line with the tabs in full down position, then when I was testing them in the full up it filled the reservoir up too much and fluid started running out from the back of the unit and oozing down the transom. Did I screw up my unit or is there some type of purge or overflow hose?
    You will be fine. Clean up mess and check for proper level and remove fluid if necessary.

Comment

Ok thanks, never had this apart so I wasn't sure what to expect. I had a loose clamp and bled down some fluid over the winter so I was just trying to top it up.

Comment

Ryan, you'll be OK.

I think that the only possible damage would be if the returning fluid could somehow build enough pressure in the reservoir to damage it.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
        2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
        Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
        Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
        Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

The fill plug is just a little rubber plug, I imagine it would pop out of there if it pressurized.

Comment

Working...
          X