Shower drain pump 1989 2655-gctid373881

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shower drain pump 1989 2655-gctid373881

Hi all, new to the forum, (joined today). I purchased a 1989 2655W a few months ago. It was cheap and needed a lot of TLC, new upholstery, bimini covers etc. Hull is sound and it has a 4 year old Mercruiser MPI with Bravo11 done 180hours. (Originally had a 5.7 OMC Cobra) I bought the boat for less than what the engine cost. Anyway, my question is this:

The water in the shower doesn't appear to drain away. Where does this water go? Someone said there would be a pump to remove the water. The only pump I can find is one under the dinnette seat. I know the pressure pump for the running water is in the engine bay and this works fine. The pump under the seat looks like the pump in the engine bay. If this is the pump, how does it operate? Automatic or manual? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    David
    1999 Bayliner 1750 Capri. 3l Mercruiser Alpha

2014 Yamaha VX Cruiser

Check under the stair that leads to the cabin, it should be on hinges and you may find your pump there. A shower sump pump will be housed in a clear plastic box and the pump is located inside the box. I have seen where a PO has removed the pump (probably because it was broken) and just allowed the water to run into the bilge.

Sounds like a nice engine/drive package for the boat.
    Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
    1998 3055 Ciera
    (yes, a 1998)
    Previous boat: 1993 3055
    Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
    Sea Doo XP
    Sea Doo GTI SE
    Life is short. Boats are cool.
    The family that plays together stays together.
    Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

itsabowtime2 wrote:
      Check under the stair that leads to the cabin, it should be on hinges and you may find your pump there. A shower sump pump will be housed in a clear plastic box and the pump is located inside the box. I have seen where a PO has removed the pump (probably because it was broken) and just allowed the water to run into the bilge.
      And odd though that might first seem, it is NOT a great idea to just drain shower water into the bilge. The soap and bacteria will make your bilge reek in short order.
      2007 Discovery 246
      300mpi BIII
      Welcome island Lake Superior

Comment

I had a 89 2655 the shower pump on mine was located under the dinnette seat the toggle switch to acitvate it was in the cabinet in the head.

Comment

706jim wrote:
          And odd though that might first seem, it is NOT a great idea to just drain shower water into the bilge. The soap and bacteria will make your bilge reek in short order.
          I agree! Although if he does not find the pump this may be what is happening.
          Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
          1998 3055 Ciera
          (yes, a 1998)
          Previous boat: 1993 3055
          Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
          Sea Doo XP
          Sea Doo GTI SE
          Life is short. Boats are cool.
          The family that plays together stays together.
          Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Thank you for the replys. I will now go investigate and see what is happening. Will keep you posted on the outcome.
            David

2014 Yamaha VX Cruiser

Comment

This is the head from that boat.

The switch is located below the small sliding locker

The pump is below the seat behind the fridge.

Comment

On your boat, the switch for the pump should be located inside that cabinet on the aft bulkhead.

Comment

Thanks for the replys and the photo. I do have that switch, I am going down to the marina tomorrow to try it out.
                  David

2014 Yamaha VX Cruiser

Comment

I went to the boat today. Turned the switch on and nothing. Switch lit up, but nothing else. No power to pump. I put 12volt straight to the pump and still nothing. Pump must be no good. Is there a reset switch on this pump or any way thing else I may be missing?
                    David

2014 Yamaha VX Cruiser

Comment

I bought the old pump home and got it to work. Going te reinstall and test on the weekend. Thanks for the replys
                      David

2014 Yamaha VX Cruiser

Comment

Mine worked for a couple of years after I bought the boat and then died. Bought another for around $80.00. The difference was amazing, especially the noise. The new one was way quieter and pumped much better. You're probably headed that way....

Comment

Working...
                        X