petrol to diesel tacho-gctid372403

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

petrol to diesel tacho-gctid372403

The tachometer on a Diesel is different from a gas tachometer. I had to take RPM readings from the alternator and purchase a circuit board that converted the signals into gas tachometer signals

I've just copied the above statement from another thread I came across on here

I've recently finished a petrol to diesel repower on a 24ft 1988 bayliner trophy hardtop which originally had an OMC 5.0l/Cobra outdrive, a GM V8 6.2l N/A diesel with a VP 290 DP now sits in its place

Had a couple of small issues during the project, now got another one, when the tacho is wired from the alternator it reads 3000 rpm at idle and on the rear of the tacho there isnt any way of adjusting it, where can I get one of these circuit boards from and will it solve my problem?

Regards

Nick
    SOMETIMES ITS BETTER TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND BE THOUGHT STUPID, THAN TO OPEN IT AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT
    24 ft Bayliner Trophy hardtop 1988
    6.2l GM V8 N/A diesel with a Volvo penta 290 DP

Hi Nick... Check out this thread. I had the same issue with my Diesel repower. I purchased the DSL-1 circuit board from Dakota Digital. It taps into your alternator's stator signal and translates it to tachometer signals compatible with gas tachometers. For $70, you can't beat it. The alternator with my Perkins 4.108 did not have a stator or "W" terminal, so I ended up purchasing a new one.

Comment

Working...
    X