305 Behind Helm Console Access ?-gctid371657

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

305 Behind Helm Console Access ?-gctid371657

I am going to flush mount my GPS and I need to get behind the unit for wires and bolting however the only access I have found is really poor to work through. Basically the top gauge panel is about it and anyone know if the panel inside the cabin comes off or any other way?

matthewmoran wrote:
    I am going to flush mount my GPS and I need to get behind the unit for wires and bolting however the only access I have found is really poor to work through. Basically the top gauge panel is about it and anyone know if the panel inside the cabin comes off or any other way?
    If you are going to flush mount, your going to be cutting a rather large hole in the dash anyway, that will give you plenty of access. Otherwise your only other real access is through your ignition panel or breaker panel.

Here are some pics from my fun with this. In all fairness all the wiring you really NEED to get to is accessable via the ignition and fuse panels back there. Behind the panel as you will see in the pics below, is nothing but empty.

Cutting holes

Comment

You have to cut a big hole to mount it anyway, so you'll have access after you cut it.

Comment

You will remove the face panel and then cut the fiberglass below. While you have the face off you will cut it and mount your GPS to the face panel. You are not going to bolt the GPS to the fiberglass.

There is no access from below.

Here is a pic of mine with the Plotter removed. FWIW - Most of what you see behind the panel I added so you will not find most of this on yours.

Jim McNeely
        New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
        Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
        Brighton, Michigan USA
        MMSI # 367393410

Comment

Working...
        X