Interior pod lights for galley out. Problem not in switch-gctid370345

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior pod lights for galley out. Problem not in switch-gctid370345

Anyone have experience with multiple pod lights going out? How about replacing bulbs? Does the fixture unscrew or pop off? Can't get them apart? All are on one switch leg which I switched with another switch so it's not that.Wires are labeled Galley, but I'm not sure how they route after the switch besides into the vinyl headliner. I do know there is a common power and ground that supplies both switches with power and the courtesy lights work perfectly.07 275 SB with about 100 hours on it.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/673741=26350-IMG_0467 copy.jpg[/img]Thanks,Brian

Brian, are you saying that you have power coming into the switch and no power going out? or power is going and coming through but no lights? And typically those light lenses just pop off with a small screwdriver around the edges but if you use too much force, you can break them so have a gentle hand.

David

Comment

sebring_1 wrote:
      Brian, are you saying that you have power coming into the switch and no power going out? or power is going and coming through but no lights? And typically those light lenses just pop off with a small screwdriver around the edges but if you use too much force, you can break them so have a gentle hand.

David
      power is going to wires from the switch which has two buttons on the housing. The cables listed galley go through the wall and what looks like to the console area after that I imagine they travel to the lights. I'll try to pry the housing as you describe and check the bulbs but seems odd its all the lights on that switch.

Tried connecting the two ends bypassing the switch but no luck. Really dont want to take down the headliner, PITA. Would be nice if the were a fuse somewhere.

Comment

Have you had any luck with fixing your lights? I have the opposite problem; the 3 lights above the galley will not turn off, I had to pull the bulbs out. I tried disconnecting at the switch with no luck. They must source from somewhere else.

Comment

No luck, kinda chalked it up to an off season issue to be dealt with. Weather and my Job are conspiring to prevent boating time.

I continue to be amazed about how little documentation there is and how little the dealer knows about the systems.

Good luck as I hope someone will figure out. Switching the two light switches did no good. I am guessing the issue is between the console and the bathroom.

Comment

Working...
          X