Engine alignment tool 912273 compatability-gctid370343

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine alignment tool 912273 compatability-gctid370343

Well I have a 1989 2.3 liter omc ford motor with a omc cobra sterndrive. I need to do an alignment and my 1986-1998 OMC Sterndrive manual specifies using engine alignment tool OMC #912273 and handle #311880 it also has Volvo part numbers #3851083-0 and #3850609-31. I have tried finding the right tool for the job as the alignment is really off visually and i want to get it mechanically correct. I found a few for around $130 but feel thats crazy for a metal shaft. Is there any difference in using the ones i find on ebay that have a different part number and wjat is making the $100 doller difference.

I bought mine on EBay several years ago......It is indeed just a metal shaft milled to the correct diameters for both the gimbal bearing and coupler. I do believe that the same one that works on an OMC also works on a Mercruiser Alpha, and as you have discovered, the Volvo, which is probably the SX drive.

Comment

As above, the one(s) on ebay that say they are for OMC and Merc will do you fine.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

I found the spec's for the tool online and had one turned at my local machine shop for around $60.
          Bob Hawes.
          Kelowna, B.C.
          1998 Trophy 2052 WA
          4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

Working...
          X