Kicker install-gctid370141

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicker install-gctid370141

Picked up a new Yamaha 9.9 ERV long high thrust kicker. (electric start) .Anybody have any photos of how they ran the battery cables ? My mount is on the opposite of the battery housing. Not sure how to go about it

Thanks

Roger

Run positive to "common" terminal on battery switch, run negative to any negative battery terminal or a good ground.

Comment

Sorry should of been more clear ,I was not sure how to run the cable I hate drilling holes in the hull Decided on drilling hole and putting a gromett in running the cables inside. Thanks

Comment

We like pictures....................

Show what you have done, I too need to poke a hole but mine will be for the fuel line for my 7.5 Honda.

I think we have the same model boat, again, pics of yours if you have any.

I mounted mine on the factory kicker bracket on the swim platform, and you ??
        " WET EVER "
        1989 2459 TROPHY OFFSHORE 5.8L COBRA / SX
        mmsi 338108404
        mmsi 338124956
        "I started with nothing and still have most of it left"

Comment

dktool wrote:
          We like pictures....................

Show what you have done, I too need to poke a hole but mine will be for the fuel line for my 7.5 Honda.

I think we have the same model boat, again, pics of yours if you have any.

I mounted mine on the factory kicker bracket on the swim platform, and you ??
          Will get you some photos in day or so gotta run to town and pick up a few more shrimp pots Yes I mounted mine to the swim deck ,I have a full deck across the back of my 2460

Comment

Here ya go, I wanted to put the hole higher but there was a transducer plug there as the transducer was moved to the other side of the boat. So I used that hole no need to make another hole if I did not need to Inserted grommet sprayed armor-all on the cable to slide it through other wise friction will pull the grommet out. ran it over to the battery and that's it.Will seal everything in a few days

Comment

;

Comment

ILGVARS wrote:
                ;
                What are those covers called that go over the wire ? I like to put that on mine for extra insurance on keeping water out

Comment

Working...
                X