Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Circulating pump for the A/C-gctid369008

Hi Folks

I am trying to locate a a circulating pump for my cruisair a/c system. It is a TaylorMade model # PML 500L. It is a 115 Vac-2.0amp-60 Hz. The serial # if this helps is a M99 0177 and the GPM is 490 for 3 feet.

I have found a PML 500 which is under the Dometic brand name at Greatlake Skipper for $349.00. I believe the amp rating is 2.5 but everything else looked the same. I even found the dometic PDF and there is no PML 500L anymore just PML 500

This is for a 2001 Maxum 3000SCR. Is there a dealer that might have this?

Any help will be much appreciated

Roger

2001 Maxum 3000 SCR
    Twin 5.0L w/ Bravo 2

see the maxum website....I answered it...

:arr arr

Comment

seapuppy wrote:
      see the maxum website....I answered it...

perhaps you could post it here as well so others here can see

Comment

Are you looking to replace it? If so the March AC 5 is a good replacement unit.
        Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
        1998 3055 Ciera
        (yes, a 1998)
        Previous boat: 1993 3055
        Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
        Sea Doo XP
        Sea Doo GTI SE
        Life is short. Boats are cool.
        The family that plays together stays together.
        Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Thanks everybody.......I order a unit from Greatlakes Skipper that is the same thing. Pricey things they are$$$

I did see the March brand when I googled this but just didn't know where to go on that on, but thanks!

Took it out of the boat and tested it at home with a bucket of water. It don't work! I have never had to prime the pump since we have had the boat. Water has always come out, so when I turned on the unit today it didn't.

Again Thanks!

Roger
          2001 Maxum 3000 SCR
          Twin 5.0L w/ Bravo 2

Comment

ok...here's what I wrote on the maxum site...

"I'd probably call up a local bayliner store..it's a common pump..try greatlakesskipper or fisheriessupply.com...but sometimes you just need to prime the pump....pour water or stick a hose in the exhaust end of the pump...where it feeds out of the side of the boat......let it run for a few seconds and then pull the hose and start the system up..should pump the water thru the system then...

or contact the ARRRR company..."

Comment

Thanks SP....I got you on both sites
              2001 Maxum 3000 SCR
              Twin 5.0L w/ Bravo 2

Comment

You just need a pump that meets your specs of 490 GPM and 3' of head.... So if you find something that is 500 or more GPM and at a good price buy it.......

Comment

Is there a difference between a pump made for an AC and a normal utility pump if the GPH are the same. I was thinking of a selfpriming type pump for a Cruiseair I picked up.

Comment

seapuppy wrote:
                    ok...here's what I wrote on the maxum site...

"I'd probably call up a local bayliner store..it's a common pump..try greatlakesskipper or fisheriessupply.com...but sometimes you just need to prime the pump....pour water or stick a hose in the exhaust end of the pump...where it feeds out of the side of the boat......let it run for a few seconds and then pull the hose and start the system up..should pump the water thru the system then...

or contact the ARRRR company..."

Thanks SP good to know. I have heard of priming the pump but was never sure how to accomplish it.

Comment

I replaced my with a March - works like a charm. Glad you got yours on order!!

Comment

Hello Mrbigsea,

"Took it out of the boat and tested it at home with a bucket of water"

When you tested it did it sound like it was spinning but just not pumping? Or did it do nothing at all and no 'jump' when you powered it up?

These questions are because many of these pumps have magnetically coupled impellers which can be 'jammed' easily by small pieces of debri during winterizing ar at other times. In many cases if you pull a number of screws and split the case to get unimpeeded rotation of the impeller it will then run fine. I cannot tell from the picture if this applies to your pump.

Hope this helps
                        Northport NY

Comment

Working...
                        X