New prop-gctid343248

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New prop-gctid343248

I have a 2001 2252 with 5lt engine what is the right size prop as prop on it was changed when i bought it. Size now is 14.5 x19.

bump

Comment

Can you do a WOT test and report back on the max revs that you get compared to the recommended range for the engine?

Also, what type of boating do you do? are you pulling skiers or just cruising? also, what is the hole shot and top speed like now and which would you like to improve at the expense of the other?

The best prop will be based on the above but will also depend on the condition of your engine and the weight of your boat when loaded, I'm not sure what the factory standard prop is for that boat but it may not be the right one for you depending on how you use it.

Comment

Patrick

I have a friend with the same boat 2 slips down. I'll send him an email asking what he has.

Comment

normally we would have 5/6 on boat and normally we would do 15/ 20 notts, would like to know what was orignal prop any help would be good thanks.pat.also thanks to all for replys

Comment

patrick wrote:
            normally we would have 5/6 on boat and normally we would do 15/ 20 notts, would like to know what was orignal prop any help would be good thanks.pat.also thanks to all for replys
            You need to give us more data. What are your RPMS at wide open throttle(WOT). This makes sure your engine is running in the power band. If you're running WOT right now between 44-4800 then you are propped correctly. If you're at 5K or above then you are overpropped and a 21" would better suit you. Props typically are made in 2" pitch changes. Each two inch increment can alter your RPMs 2-300. When you increase the prop's pitch it is similar to shifting up so your RPMs will drop. If your boat is running WOT at 4200 or lower than the 4400 lower end of the power band range it is under propped and you will need to drop down to a 17" prop.

Hopefully this helps but you really need to determine where your WOT is now. This also assumes everything else is running well, you have a clean bottom and the prop is in perfect condition(no dings, bends or chunks).

Comment

as my boat is now out of water i will check all and come back with results thank for help .might be 4 weeks. pat

Comment

Working...
              X