Bayliner 160 floor sagging-gctid576362

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner 160 floor sagging-gctid576362

Hi Folks I am new here and I own a 2002 Bayliner 160. When I bought the boat I noticed the floor had sagged a little just before you enter the fiberglass bow section. While it has sagged it is not rotten, its very solid when tapped or stood on and bone dry.

Has anyone any thoughts on this and as I am beginning to contemplate replacing the entire floor has anyone else replaced a floor on a 160? I would like to hear if anyone has had a similar problem on the 160 or replaced a floor on a 160. I have replaced the floors on a couple of other boats so not worried about the work.

If the floor isn't soft then the stringers underneath must be. But you're saying the floor is solid and doesn't give when you stand on it? Got any pictures?

Comment

Hi There

Given the broad beam of this little boat it appears the floor has sagged slightly between the stringers. I could send a pic but it will show little and it is bizarre to have this slight sag but yet it is solid. I will lift the carpet and explore more.

I wonder if the stringers in a 160 are encapsulated wood or are they all glass?

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X