2556 floscan sending unit-gctid367709

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2556 floscan sending unit-gctid367709

2556 owners please show me (pictures) how and where you installed your floscan sending unit at.

Thanks

Mitch & Sharon

While I don't have a 2556, I have installed it in a 2750 successfully.

Here are some general rules:

1. Install the sending unit as far from the fuel pump as reasonably possible. I installed one on my Chevy 350 and located the sending unit 18 inches from the fuel pump and had no pulsations whatsoever.
    2. Make sure the sending unit is sitting horizontally.
    3. Fasten it to a surface that will receive the least amount of vibration. I installed it on 6 inch piece of 1X4 fir, fastened to the floor (above the stringers) and fastened the plant to the floor with large rubber o-rings in between the plank and the floor. I pushed a screw through the middle of the o-rings to fasten it to the floor. I did this as an extra measure to ensure accuracy. It was unnecessary and overkill, but that's how I do most installations.
    4. Make sure the path of travel of fuel is uphill through the sending unit.

Hope this is helpful...

Comment

My Mercruiser 305 has stainless steel fuel plumbing between filter and the carb. I would hate to remove it. Can I install another in-line fuel filter then sending unit in front of engines main fuel filter?

Comment

GrindKore wrote:
        My Mercruiser 305 has stainless steel fuel plumbing between filter and the carb. I would hate to remove it. Can I install another in-line fuel filter then sending unit in front of engines main fuel filter?
        For those with engine mounted fuel filters, I'd suggest removing this from the "On-Engine" mounting, and relocate it "Off-Engine".

Your flow meter sensor can install between the main filter and the engine's fuel pump.

Add fuel line length if needed.

No need for two filters, IMO..... and especially those ridiculous little low area media metal in-line filters. :thumb

Your main filter (if of the correct micron rating) will suffice for sensor filtering.
        Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
        2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
        Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
        Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
        Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Mitch,

Sorry no picture but I installed mine on the fuel tank next to the suction tube. No problems, love it.

Make sure you use the recommended pre filter (an in-line screen really, designed to catch the "big stuff" from damaging the small impeller fins) and as Bounty said do not use the cheaper in-line filters common on small outboards, these are too fine and are not designed to handle all the fuel that a 8 cylinders need.

Did you get the model with the GPS interface? the only way to go IMO.

Comment

Working...
          X