Coming out of the woodwork-gctid367039

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming out of the woodwork-gctid367039

Ummmm hello? Is anyone still here that I knew or is it all new faces? Hi everyone! It's been a while since I was last on. Life just got complicated. Too much to tell.

I was hoping if anyone knew the phone # to Bayliner so I can call them and ask them about the specs of my 1988 26' Cierra. I need to know it's dry weight and overall weight full with fuel and water.

Welcome Back we were wondering where you went.

Some of the usual suspects are still here, some are moderators. I know how life gets in the way of fun things. I hope you are OK. Can't answer your question but I'll look around.
    Carl

Comment

Welcome back Denise. I was just getting started here about when you went away. If it's ANY help at all, my 2858 weighs about 10,000 lbs. with water and fuel, not counting the trailer. My best guess for yours would be in the 8,000 lb. range.
      Jeff & Tara (And Ginger too)
      Lake Havasu City, AZ
      |
      Current: 2008 Playcraft 2400 MCM 350 Mag B3
      2000 Bayliner 3388 Cummins 4bta 250s (SOLD 2020)
      2000 Bayliner 2858 MCM 7.4 MPI B3 (SOLD 2018)
      2007 Bayliner 305 MCM twin 350 Mag B3s (SOLD 2012)
      2008 Bayliner 289 MCM 350 Mag Sea Core B3 (SOLD 2009)
      And 12 others...
      In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. 7-2-10

Comment

It's alive!! IT'S ALIIIIIVE!!!!!!! (shouted in Dr Frankenstein voice)

Denise, how nice to see you back.
        Mike P
        The Bahamas
        Formerly Vancouver BC, Bermuda and The Grenadine Islands.

Click here to hear my original music, FREE to download to your computer or iPod.

Comment

Denise, welcome back. You've been gone far too long.

When you have time, bring us up to speed on the boat and all. Last I recall, you guys were doing a new engine, then you went silent.

Hope all is well, and please stay around and join in again.

Rick
          Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
          2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
          Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
          Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
          Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

"I need to know it's dry weight and overall weight full with fuel and water"

1988 Cierra advertised weight is #5,100 (that is known to be a bit 'light') .

Advertised fuel is 105 gal, water is 35 gals and waste is 10 gal. = #1,060 approximate

#6,160 total knowing that you can easily add many pounds in supplies , tools, spares, and extras.

Hope this helps
            Northport NY

Comment

Bayliner customer care's phone number is 360.435.8957 of go to www.bayliner.com and email them. Click on customer service contacts. Go to bottom right side of page and click on customer care.
              John Rupp
              1989 2455 Ciera Sunbridge
              5.8 OMC Cobra

1989 3288
              Starshine
              Hino 135

Comment

johnrupp wrote:
                Bayliner customer care's phone number is 360.435.8957 of go to www.bayliner.com and email them. Click on customer service contacts. Go to bottom right side of page and click on customer care.
                The Baybabe. I've heard about you. All good stuff, that's for sure. I'd rely on the phone number above. They redid their website and it looks like the customer service contacts option doesn't work right. Welcome back.

Comment

thebaybabe wrote:
                  Ummmm hello? Is anyone still here that I knew or is it all new faces? Hi everyone! It's been a while since I was last on. Life just got complicated. Too much to tell.

I was hoping if anyone knew the phone # to Bayliner so I can call them and ask them about the specs of my 1988 26' Cierra. I need to know it's dry weight and overall weight full with fuel and water.
                  That weight is a dry weight. it does not include fuel, motor (I think), and trailer. Figure 7 lbs. per gallon for fuel (round numbers for easy math) and around 500 to 1000 pounds for the trailer, probably closer to 700. A safe guess would be about 2500-3000 lbs ready to go, including trailer, motor, fuel and other supplies. As a side note, many trailers for that size boat are maxed out for GVW by the time you fill the tank, so check the sidewall on the tires for the max load, add that up, and check the GVW of the trailer. That should give you a good guess of total load. An easier option is to weigh it at a scale at a truck stop, they will do it free for you..if no truck stops in your area try a gravel pit, they have scales too.

Comment

Hello RinnyBeth,

FWIW - That year and size boat is non-trailerable here on LI NY due to the beam dimension. I am not sure why Baybabe is searching for this information but the answer is the best anyone can provide given the question(s) so far.

Hope this helps
                    Northport NY

Comment

I have an 800-number for Bayliner, not sure where I got it from:

877-819-3747

Welcome back Denise.

Comment

Welcome back! Hope all is well!

Comment

I just got a reply back from them on an issue I had submitted. Of course they answered the question quickly, correctly and impressed me as usual. Here is the email address that it came from.

Boathelp AT usmboats dot com

Comment

Hello Denise...I guess a "welcome back" is needed but as a new member I didn't know you were gone.

First about Bayliner's Customer Service department, it's been moved to Knoxville, TN. The great team that once was in Arlington, WA were all let go when they sold the plant. Today when you contact them you need to send an email to [email protected]. This takes you to the Sea Ray plant.

As for the weight of your 1988 2655 Ciera, the dry factory weight of the boat was 5100 pounds. This weight was as the boat sat on the factory floor with no batteries, optional equipment, fuel or water. You also need to take into account optional equipment added to the boat by the dealer or anyone else following shipment of the boat. Finally, personal gear all needs to be factored in as well. This weight does not include a trailer, which wasn't offered as a factory option.

The boat has a 105 gallon fuel tank, a 35 gallon water tank and a 13 gallon holding tank. Full, these three tanks add about 1,100 pounds to the boat so to start add this to the 5100 pounds and go from there.

Hope this helps!!!

Comment

Our 2755, not as wide but longer on the trailer (tandem axle steel), full fuel, full water, full fridge, full cooler, 3 batteries and all gear with peddle boat, is over 8000Lbs.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X