Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Filters on 305 with 5.0s-gctid366845

Hi Guys,

I'm having a bit of a hard time getting my starboard engine to start. Figured the best place to start with would be to change out the fuel filters. Any tips on location or tools that might be needed? I've never changed out a fuel filter before and hoping this will be relatively straight forward.

Thanks in advance!

There should be a fuel/water seperator mounted on the each engine. Are they MPI or carb?
    Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
    1998 3055 Ciera
    (yes, a 1998)
    Previous boat: 1993 3055
    Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
    Sea Doo XP
    Sea Doo GTI SE
    Life is short. Boats are cool.
    The family that plays together stays together.
    Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

They are the carb'd version.

Comment

Is this the piece I'm looking for:

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/SIE...by+Sierra.html

35-802893Q

Is it really just as easy as changing that guy out? Same as one would an oil filter? Any other filters in line?

Thanks Again

Comment

According to the service manual, there is also a fuel inlet filter at the carburetor.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/670465=26029-Fuel Inlet Filter.JPG[/img]

Comment

Service manual? I wasn't fortunate enough to get one of those with my boat. Is that for just the engine itself, or the entire boat? Who publishes the book? Cheers.

Comment

The one I have is from Mercruiser and is Service Manual #24 covering both the 5.0 and 5.7 GM v-8 engines. It is copyrighted 1999, but so far, it has been accurate for my 2003 Mercruiser 5.7s. Someone had a link posted on here to a PDF version, I think, a few years back, but I don't have a clue if it's still around or where it might be. Sorry. You could likely get one from Mercury Marine or eBay, or google it. Has come in quite handy for me.

Comment

Working...
              X