LED Lighting-gctid366443

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Lighting-gctid366443

I would like to replace all of the interior halogen lights on my 265 with LED. Has anyone done this and offer some comment on what worked or didin't work for you?

Thanks in advance

There have been many threads about LED replacement of cabin lights.

My 2004 305 had 10 watt Halogen G4 base bulbs. I replaced them with G4-CWHP10-D Cool White LED 10~30VDC 205 111 lm 7000K from SuperbrightLEDs.com.

I tried the warm and cool white. The Admiral and I both preferred the cool white. Others prefer the warm white.

Jim McNeely
    New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
    Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
    Brighton, Michigan USA
    MMSI # 367393410

Comment

I did every light on my boat, anchor, cockpit, cabin, navigation, all of them. I did the warm light vs cool white in cabin. The warm shows a little more like a filament but is much brighter and the cool white I a bright blueish light. Both will light up your boat. I recommend that you go with at least the 9 diode panel in existing fixtures, its easy to do but make sure you pick the proper bulb adaptor for your diode panel to fit in the fixture. What I did was to take surgical tape and tape the diode panel to the plastic lens on the light fixture- awesome results and no power consumption.

Comment

Thanks for the input, I'll check them out.

Comment

In the photo

Far left - Cool White

Center - Halogen

Far Right - Warm White
          Jim McNeely
          New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
          Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
          Brighton, Michigan USA
          MMSI # 367393410

Comment

http://www.cruisertips.com/index.php...standard-bulbs