Snap/ Screw Repair-gctid557001

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"1stshop" post=557235 wrote:
    They have them there for people intrested in buying a counter top.
    Are you sure? If that's true, they should move them further away from the epoxy. :silly:

Stop and ask the kitchen designer at Home Depot. S/he will give you as many as you want from the box of the ones that are no longer offered by the countertop builders.

p.s. - I hope you haven't accepted any of those food samples at Costco for something you had no intention of buying. :lol:

Comment

We usually buy something we taste if it's new.

Sometimes not.

Paint sticks now there is a new subject.

I just bought one gallon ... but she gave me like 5 sticks.

So when i start a fire in my fireplace with a paint stick i'm stealing the wood ?
      Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

I spend at least one boat buck per year at HD - they can take the hit on a sample...

If you can get to the backside of that snap button, you can through-bolt the thing.

it is possible to purchase the part without any pre-attached screw. Its also

possible to purchase it with a machine-thread screw. I replaced a bunch of these

snaps using a through-bolt with a tiny backing washer and nylon lockNut. workz great.

going the epoxy route....: you will likely have a lot of extra epoxy. perhaps you

should pre-emptively remove a few other snaps and give them some epoxy too.
        Novurania 335DL. 30HP. WKRP in cincinnati. Previously: Bayliner 3818 in PNW.

Comment

"dmcb" post=557024 wrote:
          Epoxy or JB Weld best. Quick and dirty, break off a couple of tooth picks in the hole. Screw it back in.

Doug
          Ok, enough on Costco and other samples. I love Costco samples. :P Getting back on the original post, I am interest in what Doug posted. Can you please elaborate on this? Do you break off the tooth picks when the expoxy is still wet or dry? And do you screw the snap screw back in when the epoxy is wet or dry? I have a few to fix. I have lots of fiberglass resin left, can I make a paste of diberglass resin with filler and use this method?

Thanks,

Joe
          1986 2850 Commend Bridge on hydrohoist
          A260 and AQ280 with DP lower unit

Comment

Use a toothpick or two to mix a small amount of epoxy. Then coat the toothpick lightly in epoxy and shove it in. Once the epoxy cures, break off the wood sticking out. Screw the screw back in and you're golden.

That should be the first trick every kid learns from his Dad around the house for fixing door hinges and such.
            Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Make sure you don't take any extra toothpicks from the diner, they will call the toothpick police and lock ya azz up.
              Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Working...
              X