Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Vents-gctid556987

Hi all,

I have a 2000 2855 and the fuel vents are corroded and appear to be clogging with salt water. They do have splash guards on them. I have a few questions. I want to replace them with new one and need some tips. They are currently facing forward, is that normal or should they be facing toward the aft? Splash guards opposed to regular Perko with mesh inside? Sizing, are they 5/8? (I suppose this is the size bayliner used back in 2000) Any type of replacement vent that anyone recommends?

Thank you so much in advance!

The vents should be facing to the rear, replace them with SS vents.
    Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
    Twin 350 GM power
    Located in Seward, AK
    Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Do you recommend with splash guards or without? Any particular kind?

Comment

I did mine with SS 5/8" this is what I used.

Dave
        Edmonds, WA
        "THE FIX"
        '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
        (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
        The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
        Misc. projects thread
        https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Exactly what i have.
          Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

"alisoviejo2855" post=556987 wrote:
            Hi all,

I have a 2000 2855 and the fuel vents are corroded and appear to be clogging with salt water. They do have splash guards on them. I have a few questions. I want to replace them with new one and need some tips. They are currently facing forward, is that normal or should they be facing toward the aft? Splash guards opposed to regular Perko with mesh inside? Sizing, are they 5/8? (I suppose this is the size bayliner used back in 2000) Any type of replacement vent that anyone recommends?

Thank you so much in advance!
            One is a fuel vent,and the other is a holding tank vent. Any good stainless vent should be fine with a mesh filter.

Comment

Working...
            X