TV mount to radar arch?-gctid365616

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV mount to radar arch?-gctid365616

My wife has to have her shows and this past weekend we found ourselves sitting up in the cockpit with our cabin tv set up by the windshield. We were lounging up there having a few drinks and she was watching "Once Upon a Time" or something. Anyway i want to mount a small white LCD TV to my radar arch behind the captains seat. Im picturing a 19" mounted on a swivel/pivoting mount. I am mounting the TV antenna on top of the arch and i could easily run coax from a splitter with one cable going down into the cabin and the other cable going over to the cockpit TV. Im sure its been done, but any advice is greatly appreciated! My wife volunteered to make a vinyl cover for the TV. (She is handy on a sewing machine)

Nobody?

Comment

Mine is on a custom swing mount. Normally in the salon, but swings out through the open doorway to view in the cockpit.

Water and moiture are bad for electronics life, so this dry installation works for me.

Good luck!

Comment

This link shows the three televisions on my boat.

The E120 at the helm is piped into the wireless Internet Blu-ray player, as are the two DVD televisions, the salon TV may be viewed in the cockpit too.

Comment

Its doable, you would have to look at your arch for strength areas. I know a 3055 owner here has done it, and there are numerous boats on my dock that have that setup also.

Comment

I'll be installing one in a few minutes. I have a TV in the cabin on a swivel arm that slides onto a wall bracket, and comes off instantly. I bought one more wall bracket for the arch and then I'll just move the TV as desired. We use an Apple TV for streaming, and I bought a little mount for it that goes on the back of the TV so it moves with it. We can stream shows from any wi-fi network or directly from our iPhones and iPads.

Comment

Working...
            X