Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cosmetic Overhaul-gctid365524

Hey guys,

So I finished my spring "overhaul" on the engine and lower unit on my 2007 Bayliner 175, now it's time to "overhaul" the body. The boat has always been stored outside, with a cover, up to a few month ago. Now it is garage kept and I want it looking like that. I am going to start out by cleaning the hull of the boat with On/Off cleaner, as she sat in lake water for the first 2 years I had her and then has been running in Tampa Bay brackish water ever since. I am going to cover the trailer with a tarp when I use it to try and protect the trailer as best as possible. After that I was planning on giving her a good vacuum and bilge flush, looks pretty grimey under the ski locker and engine! Any recommendations on what to clean the bilge out with? Next wash her down with some marine soap and let her dry. After that I wanted to give her a nice wax, but this is where I'm drawing a blank. I have never put a coat of wax on the boat and don't know what steps I need to take. There are some patches of gel coat that a starting to look oxizided, but I don't think they're bad enough to have to compound from what I have read. I was hoping to just do a waxing and polish, if these are the correct steps. I already have a buffer, Ryobi Orbital 10in buffer, but I am not sure what types of pad's I need, if at all, nor do I know what kind of wax I need to use for which step. I think I already have some Meguiar's Wax, not sure which kind but I will write back when I get home and check. If you all could provide me some insight on what steps I need to do that'd be awesome as I am kinda in the dark even after researching. Thanks in advance.

I checked my garage and I have Meguiar's Polish. Should this be used as wax or is it an agent used before or after the wax?

Comment

Working...
    X