2452 pulpit dimensions-gctid342744

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2452 pulpit dimensions-gctid342744

I just received my SS anchor roller/pulpit from Shawn in Washington. Does anyone have the dimension of where to cut the hole in the plate for the anchor roller? I will be using a 22# Delta as my main anchor and it will be fastened there.

I've got one of Shawn's pulpits on ours, but I'll have to get up there and clean the boat off to measure where the roller is at. It may be different beause we have a Bruce anchor. Looks like we have more snow on the way.

Larry and Susie
    1992 2452 350 MAG ALASKA
    1990 14' Johnsen/25 hp Evinrude FLORIDA

Comment

FWIW....., if a Windlass is in your future, let the chain swivel and anchor shank length help make your decision as to where to place the roller..... and consider how this would affect the gypsy location.... (assuming that you have some latitude here).

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
      2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
      Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
      Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
      Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

I would like to install a windlass, but don't know if I will have enough fall height in the locker of the 2452. I currently have 25' of 1/4" chain and 200' of 1/2" 3 strand rope. I would like to install the Lewmar 700 horizontal windlass but have a concern that it won't work due to the shallowness of the anchor locker.

Comment

frenchcreek wrote:
          I would like to install a windlass, but don't know if I will have enough fall height in the locker of the 2452. I currently have 25' of 1/4" chain and 200' of 1/2" 3 strand rope. I would like to install the Lewmar 700 horizontal windlass but have a concern that it won't work due to the shallowness of the anchor locker.
          From other posts I've read it probably won't work without modifying the locker to get some drop. A good substitute I use is a high "samson post" A verticle 2" round post with a T bar across the top. I mounted it between the hatch and the chain locker. Not as easy as an electric but much better than hand over hand. Two wraps around the post and it works like a sailboat winch. With wave action, keep taking out the slack till the anchor breaks free or the bow gets too close to the water.

Some of us moved the Chain locker hinges to the side so it's easier to work around the open locker. It was a big improvement for me.
          Carl

Comment

I am having troubles visualizing that. Would it be possible to see a photo?

Comment

I also have interest in the 2452 pulpit dimension and any recent contact info for Shawn or anyone manufacturing the stainless steel pulpit for the 2452. What is the most recent price and availaibility for the unit.

Comment

Working...
              X