Stanchion replacement-gctid364172

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stanchion replacement-gctid364172

I have a couple of stanchions (bow rail) that are cracking. The problem is, that they are through bolted (I assume), and the bolt end in the cabin is under the hull liner. So, that means that I have to cut the hull liner to unbolt the stanchions.

My question is, after I cut the liner to fix the rail, how can I fix the linerso I don't see the bolts punching through the roof??? It's a 2452 by the way.

leedub wrote:
    I have a couple of stanchions (bow rail) that are cracking. The problem is, that they are through bolted (I assume), and the bolt end in the cabin is under the hull liner. So, that means that I have to cut the hull liner to unbolt the stanchions.

My question is, after I cut the liner to fix the rail, how can I fix the linerso I don't see the bolts punching through the roof??? It's a 2452 by the way.
    When you say hull liner are you talking about the carpet or vinyl headliner?

Comment

Nehalennia wrote:
      When you say hull liner are you talking about the carpet or vinyl headliner?
      The carpet (i.e., monkey fur)

Comment

I know Bayliner and SeaRay designs are different but my stantions have little cover "pucks" that have the same covering on it. You may want to consider making something like this.

Comment

Working...
        X