No announcement yet.

Advice on best way to install second gas line for auxiliary engine.-gctid363932

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on best way to install second gas line for auxiliary engine.-gctid363932

I have a 10 horse Honda on the back of my boat. Currently it is connected to a small tank which sits out on the swim grid. I would like to add a gas line connection to it from the main tank. If there has been a discussion on the best way to do this already could someone please point me to the thread, I did a search but did not find anything...

I wondering where the t should be added? Additional valves... Best practices...

Thanks
    1979 32 Uniflite Sport Sedan twin 270 crusaders
    2003 Bayliner 2152 210 Classic 5.0 mercruiser - sold
    I wish I knew now what I didn't know then

I assume both motors need the same type fuel. If you have a spin on filter for your main engine installed just run a fitting and new hose off the housing. Most have capability for 2 fuel lines.

If not, many gas tanks have either a second pickup already installed or a blank off for one to be installed. Of course then you need to add an inline filter.

Comment

Some have also added a check valve in the new line as well so the main engine doesn't suck the fuel out of the auxiliary line and engine.

Comment

Fish-a-Palooza wrote:
        I assume both motors need the same type fuel. If you have a spin on filter for your main engine installed just run a fitting and new hose off the housing. Most have capability for 2 fuel lines.
        +1If you don't have the fuel filter now, the need for the second line to your auxiliary is a good reason to add it. As Fish-a-Palooza advised, the second output is ideal because it will help ensure you have rated fittings there.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]Regarding the checkvalve, you will still need to use a fuel hose that has a squeeze-bulb primer in it. That bulb has an integral checkvalve..

Comment

whiskywizard wrote:
          +1If you don't have the fuel filter now, the need for the second line to your auxiliary is a good reason to add it. As Fish-a-Palooza advised, the second output is ideal because it ensure you have rated fittings there.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]Regarding the checkvalve, you will still need to use a fuel hose that has a squeeze-bulb primer in it. That bulb has an integral checkvalve.
          Good point. I was going to mention that this is usually unnecessary.
          Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
          2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
          Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
          Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
          Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

The tank in my 1998 2052 Trophy is fitted with two (2) fuel pick-up's. Use one for the big engine and the other for the kicker.

I steered away from using the second outlet on the existing fuel seperator because if the filter fills with water, both engines will not run. If they are on separate filters, I figured the chances of both filling with water at the same time were a lot lower.

Comment

Working...
            X