X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2850Bounty
    replied
    CakyosTim wrote:
    Make sure the hole in the botton front of the lower unit is plugged or you will not get water to the pump, do not ask how I know.
    Yes! Good call!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Make sure the hole in the botton front of the lower unit is plugged or you will not get water to the pump, do not ask how I know.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    2850Bounty wrote:
    Ya see, I told you..... it's the California outcome based education program all over again, and this time being applied to our BOC Rep Power.
    i'll note surr whet youre telking obout - im a prodoct off thes celifornai skol sestems and i ok!!

Leave a comment:

• 2850Bounty
    replied
    whiskywizard wrote:
    I tried...

Ya see, I told you..... it's the California outcome based education program all over again, and this time being applied to our BOC Rep Power.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I tried...

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/667015=25705-New Picture (2).jpg[/img]

Leave a comment:

• 2850Bounty
    replied
    Fish-a-Palooza wrote:
    You seem so smart; I just don't understand how you only have a rep power of 31
    Look more closely................, it's actually a minus 31!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    kellynm wrote:
    Have not replaced the water neck fitting, pivot tube o-ring, but it sounds like they are probably the culprits. I'll check the hoses too and replace the impeller. As far as visting your vault page... yes, I've been there and have learned quite a bit... obviously, there's alot more to learn. Thank you again!
    Gotta give you credit though, at least your reading something. Good job!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    2850Bounty wrote:
    Hans, when he quits looking at Clymers and Seloc, he won't find these silly mistakes. :kidding

The OEM Volvo Penta manual would never show a RH Rev Rotation engine sea water pump like this.
    You seem so smart; I just don't understand how you only have a rep power of 31.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    2850Bounty wrote:

Have you replaced the water neck fitting?

Have you replaced the lower pivot tube O-ring?

Any suction breaches in the main suction hose and/or connections?

Have you visited my BOC Vault page?

Have not replaced the water neck fitting, pivot tube o-ring, but it sounds like they are probably the culprits. I'll check the hoses too and replace the impeller. As far as visting your vault page... yes, I've been there and have learned quite a bit... obviously, there's alot more to learn. Thank you again!

Leave a comment:

• 2850Bounty
    replied
    kellynm wrote:
    Then I looked in the manual and saw this:

Hans, when he quits looking at Clymers and Seloc, he won't find these silly mistakes. :kidding

The OEM Volvo Penta manual would never show a RH Rev Rotation engine sea water pump like this.

Leave a comment:

• MidnightSun
    replied
    Moral of the story. Way to much info in a manual, ask the question here at BOC instead.

Leave a comment:

• 2850Bounty
    replied
    You are welcome!

Go back and look at my last post..... I did an edit to it.

Yes.... you must have something else wrong.

Have you replaced the water neck fitting?

Have you replaced the lower pivot tube O-ring?

Any suction breaches in the main suction hose and/or connections?

Have you visited my BOC Vault page?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Rick,So If I hear you correctly, you're saying the sea pump suction inlet is the bottom port, not the top. Guess I still have a problem then!Update: I reread the manual... yep, I was looking at the wrong type of engine... I should have posted this pic:

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/666742=25670-3.jpg[/img]Thanks Rick! I can always count on you!

Leave a comment:

• 2850Bounty
    replied
    FYI:

This is incorrect, unless it's for a RH Reverse Rotation engine..... and Volvo Penta did not use a RH REV Rotation engine!

This is correct.

And your current configuration is correct.

Here's an example of a Sherwood pump that in terms of the impeller rotation and pump action against the impeller cam, is very similar to you Jabsco pump.

The inlet/outlet are configured a bit differently.... but this too is basically the same.... just aimed differently.

As the impeller rotates CW (as per this view), the vanes enter the cam and leave the cam!

As they leave the cam, the volume between the vanes increases!!

As the volume increases, it creates negative pressure pulling sea water in to the pump body.

These then sweep the water around, and again, in a CW direction, until the vanes become depressed by the cam.

When the vanes become depressed, positive pressure is created forcing the sea water towards the engine... and the cycle repeats for each vane.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/666740=25671-Sherwood impeller bent over.jpg[/img] [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/666740=25672-SJE V 104 heat exchanger.jpg[/img]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have the same engine that I "tended" to for almost 10 years and it still took a few minutes to realize what was wrong ! ops

Leave a comment:

Working...
X