Ancor Rocker Switch Indicator Bulb - Can they be changed? How?-gctid363633

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancor Rocker Switch Indicator Bulb - Can they be changed? How?-gctid363633

I have numerous Ancor Marine Grade Rocker Switches on my control panel.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/666652=25658-anc-554032.jpg[/img]The indicator light on a couple of them are burnt out but the switch is still functional.Despite lengthy internet searching, including here on BOC, I've not been able to find a technical reference which tells me how to change the burnt out bulb.Does anyone have any guidance, links, pictures, videos, quips, anectdotes, insults or other useful direction they might share?Many thanks in advance!

The bulb is integral to the switch. With effort you likely could get it apart to get to the bulb. But I have reservations in saying this would be easy or be a simple repair.

I fix almost everything since that's my profession. But in this case I think replacing the switches is a better choice.
    Jim McNeely
    New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
    Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
    Brighton, Michigan USA
    MMSI # 367393410

Comment

+ 1
      Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
      2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
      Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
      Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
      Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Syzygyone wrote:
        I have numerous Ancor Marine Grade Rocker Switches on my control panel.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]The indicator light on a couple of them are burnt out but the switch is still functional.Despite lengthy internet searching, including here on BOC, I've not been able to find a technical reference which tells me how to change the burnt out bulb.Does anyone have any guidance, links, pictures, videos, quips, anectdotes, insults or other useful direction they might share?Many thanks in advance!
        The Ancor switches are your standard Carling Contura II rocker switch, searching for those will get you more info. There is a LED replacement guide on THT that would get you somewhere.The rocker switch actuators are removable, so if you replace them and you have rocker switches with a printed legend, you can swap them over to the new switch body rather than having to find an exact replacement.

Comment

ishiboo wrote:
          the ancor switches are your standard carling contura ii rocker switch, searching for those will get you more info. There is a led replacement guide on tht that would get you somewhere.

The rocker switch actuators are removable, so if you replace them and you have rocker switches with a printed legend, you can swap them over to the new switch body rather than having to find an exact replacement.
          good solution!
          Jim McNeely
          New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
          Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
          Brighton, Michigan USA
          MMSI # 367393410

Comment

ishiboo wrote:
            The Ancor switches are your standard Carling Contura II rocker switch, searching for those will get you more info. There is a LED replacement guide on THT that would get you somewhere.

The rocker switch actuators are removable, so if you replace them and you have rocker switches with a printed legend, you can swap them over to the new switch body rather than having to find an exact replacement.
            Yeppers, they are as indicated above,

http://"http://www.carlingtech.com/p...ingSW_V2_3.pdf

but alas, they do not come with changeable bulbs. So, it's a 7$ replacement. Easy pop in to be honest so Jim and 2850's instincts are right once again.

Comment

Working...
            X