DC power-gctid362436

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC power-gctid362436

Have owned boats all my life mostly crabbing style work boats amd small boats without shore power (24' and under), but nothing with a shore power plug. I have my uncles 2006 bayliner 275 at my dock and I cant get the 12v pump to operate. He always kept it at a marine hooked up to shore power. I dont have shore power at my dock and just want 12v power. I cant find a DC panal box anywhere, only the AC box. Is there a hidden switch somewhere to turn the power on for the pump? sinks showers, etc.... dont work. My next step is to start chasing wires/ fuses with my meter but wanted to ask first.

Thanks

KMDisland

You should find a 1-2-Both-Off switch likely near the engine compartment / batteries. Turn it to 1 or 2.
    Jim McNeely
    New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
    Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
    Brighton, Michigan USA
    MMSI # 367393410

Comment

JimMC,

I have tried the battery switch in all 3 positions, and it does not work. There must be a separate switch somewhere on the boat, I guess I will have to start at the pump and try ttrace the wires back to the fuse panal.

Thanks

Comment

Which pump are you trying to get to work?
        Jim McNeely
        New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
        Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
        Brighton, Michigan USA
        MMSI # 367393410

Comment

According to the 2006 Bayliner 275 manual there is a water pump switch forward port, page 19 (25).

The schematic page 62 (68) shows a 20 position circuit breaker DC panel. There is a DC circuit breaker panel at the helm and the battery switch under the helm seat, shown on page 17 (23) and page 16 (22). There is an AC / DC panel in the galley, shown on page 14 (20).

Comment

Pump working yet?

Comment

Working...
            X