No announcement yet.

A good bearing grease cap system? Bearing buddy?-gctid362338

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to repeat myself here at the risk of it bothering you guys, but this is somewhat important:
    • BB's do not lube bearings.... repeat.... BB's do not lube bearings!
    • BB's cannot be compared to EZ Lube, Sure Lube, Super-Lube, Pozi-Lube hub/spindles.
    • For those of you with EZ Lube, Sure Lube, Super-Lube, Pozi-Lube hub/spindles....., raise your wheels off the ground and spin them before you pump the new grease to the hubs.

If that last one seems like too much effort, then slowly walk along side the trailer while it's being backed into the parking lot, or ______ , and grease them while in motion.
    Rick E. (aka RicardoMarine) Gresham, Oregon
    2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
    Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
    Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
    Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Please, no PMs. Ask your questions on forum.

Comment

Yep spinnin the wheel when greasing it gets the grease all through the rollers, just like greasing the gimble bearing while turning the bearing by hand with the drive off.

After I had the super lube system for a few years, I wondered why we couldn't have had this system for our cars back in the days of rear drive and front wheel bearings that had to be re-packed every 30K miles or so, a messy and dirty job, that is not needed on modern cars and trucks with unit bearings....
      88 Four Winns 200 Horizon 4.3 OMC
      98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
      07 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II

Long Island Sound Region

Comment

Working...
      X