No announcement yet.

Ciera 285: Trim Tab Rocker Switch Flopping in the Breeze...........-gctid362197

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ciera 285: Trim Tab Rocker Switch Flopping in the Breeze...........-gctid362197

Hi Guys,Back again for another season and a few more questions. As I was putting boat away for the winter last year I noticed the right side rocker switch was flopping around like the spring tension was gone. So I guess it's time to replace the switches. My Question is can I replace it with a standard Trim Tab switch as seen in west Marine as shown below or do I need to find out the actual Hydraulic pump unit and get the matching switch, which would be the one on the boat now that needs to be replaced because I am thinking that there may be plugs that connect right to the switch or something like that. Also I don't want to have the switch to be a little smaller by chance and not line up and then the dash looks sloppy etc. Does anyone know where I could even get a direct replacement switch?

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/665203=25537-switch.JPG[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/665203=25538-write up.JPG[/img]ThanksEd

Call Bennett they have outstanding customer service.

Need more information? Contact one of our friendly and knowledgeable customer service representatives, at +1.954.427.1400 or [email protected].

http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/catal...?vID=198&cID=7
    Jim McNeely
    New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
    Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
    Brighton, Michigan USA
    MMSI # 367393410

Comment

Thanks Jim,

Does anyone know what the brand name is of the original Trim Tab unit that came with the yr. 2000 Bayliner 285 Ciera Sunbridge was and where I could locate them? I would like to know the name as well, just in case I speak to someone and they ask me what brand Trim Tab unit I have in the boat. I checked the manuals and I don't see any reference to any names. The boat is still under wraps in the yard and I am trying to start getting some pieces together before hand, you know what I mean.......

Thanks

Ed

Comment

Ed

The switch you pictured is Bennett.

The two big players are Bennett (Hydraulic driven tabs) and Lenco (Electric driven tabs).

So it's likely one of the two. My 203 285 had Bennett tabs.
        Jim McNeely
        New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
        Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
        Brighton, Michigan USA
        MMSI # 367393410

Comment

My 2000 2858 has Bennett.
          Jeff & Tara
          (And Ginger too)
          Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
          "GetAway"
          Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Ok Great then , Thanks guys.

I guess then odds are more then likely its got Bennett.

I just want to make sure then the replacement switch covers over the existing hole #1 and also I am assumming they must plug in together somehow from a wiring harness from the tabs coming up to the dash to the switch, if so are they all the same or specialized?

I guess the best thing to do at this point is to pull out the bad switch from the boat so at least I know what it looks like and I can compare it to a new switch.

Thabnks again guys

Ed :go-

Comment

Electriceddie wrote:
              Hi Guys,Back again for another season and a few more questions. As I was putting boat away for the winter last year I noticed the right side rocker switch was flopping around like the spring tension was gone. So I guess it's time to replace the switches. My Question is can I replace it with a standard Trim Tab switch as seen in west Marine as shown below or do I need to find out the actual Hydraulic pump unit and get the matching switch, which would be the one on the boat now that needs to be replaced because I am thinking that there may be plugs that connect right to the switch or something like that. Also I don't want to have the switch to be a little smaller by chance and not line up and then the dash looks sloppy etc. Does anyone know where I could even get a direct replacement switch?

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....JPG[/img]

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....JPG[/img]ThanksEd
              Ed,It is likely a Bennett system and the Rocker Switch you picture will cover any existing Bennett and the wiring harness uses the same color coding and will simply attach to the terminals marked with the colors.Bayliner did use some Boat Leveler brand Trim Tabs on some models of that era, the Bennett Switch can be used on them as well. The color coding is different, but if you have Boat Leveler I can tell you what colors go where.Tom McGowBennett Marine
              sigpic"Like" Bennett Marine on Facebook

Comment

Tabman wrote:
                Ed,

It is likely a Bennett system and the Rocker Switch you picture will cover any existing Bennett and the wiring harness uses the same color coding and will simply attach to the terminals marked with the colors.

Bayliner did use some Boat Leveler brand Trim Tabs on some models of that era, the Bennett Switch can be used on them as well. The color coding is different, but if you have Boat Leveler I can tell you what colors go where.

Tom McGow

Bennett Marine
                Different year, but I've got a 97 2655 and it's got boat leveler. I just emailed them about my hoses cracking and Brian in Customer Service replaced them for me. Great customer service from them as well. I guess these two companies believe in the service of Customer Service, as I've heard great things from both bennett and boat leveler.

Comment

Working...
                X