Radar Installation on 2006 242 Bayliner.-gctid361277

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radar Installation on 2006 242 Bayliner.-gctid361277

I am attempting to install a radar (broadband 3g)on my 242. I have pulled off the undercover inside the cockpit and the attaching of the dome appears relatively straight forward. I am looking for any assistance on how the cables are run from the roof to the dash. Hoping for advice before I start pulling things apart.

Starboard side at the back of the window is a cap held in place by a couple of stainless screws. That is where you run the radar cables to the MBSS and up to the dash...
    Doug ;}
    MMSI: 338068776
    "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

Thanks ... It looks like they used rivets instead of screws on the 2006. Shouldn't take much to remove them and replace with screws. Your boat improvements have been something to aspire to. We have been following your projects and are always on the lookout for you in the Vancouver Island area.

Comment

Sealegs wrote:
        Thanks ... It looks like they used rivets instead of screws on the 2006. Shouldn't take much to remove them and replace with screws. Your boat improvements have been something to aspire to. We have been following your projects and are always on the lookout for you in the Vancouver Island area.
        We'll be up there starting in July till whenever... PM me where you boat and we'll check in when in that area... thanks for the cudo's.

You are correct about the rivets, they don't use screws unless there has been wiring needed like for radar, then they remove the rivets and use stainless screws afterward. I would also suggest you leave a line for future use so you can run wire later on. I ran flat four 16 or 14 gauge (I forget) wire (it looks like trailer to truck wire) in many places like to the upper helm above the windscreen... That has come in handy. If you look at where my clock is located, there is a huge hole behind it I use to wire the other instruments on that upper plate like my Merc Monitor, the Fire suppression monitor and the fume detector... So that is the reason for the big butt clock... LOL...
        Doug ;}
        MMSI: 338068776
        "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

What are you going to be viewing your radar on?

I am contemplating putting 3G radar on my boat.

Comment

We will also be installing a new Lowrance HDS-10 Gen 2 Fishfinder/Chartplotter. Can't wait to give it a try. We do most of our fishing off the West Coast of Vancouver Island. It should work great for those foggy days.

Comment

Working...
            X