Jabsco manual pump leaks water when pumped-gctid360665

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jabsco manual pump leaks water when pumped-gctid360665

My 00 Ciera 2855 has the original Jabsco manual head. I went to flush it and pumping the handle 3 or 4 times leaked about 2 cups of water out of the back of the pump at the flange. Im not interested in rebuilding a 12 year old crapper pump. Id rather replace the whole pump. Any idea which model pump I need? I dont want to buy the wrong one. I couldnt find any markings or model numbers on the pump anywhere. Also, any tips on removing the old one and installing the new one would be very helpful. Im very green.

There's only 1 pump assembly available- its about $70, and is a 15 minute repair job..

Comment

Try this site. $67.32 delivered

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jabsco-Manua...35fba6&vxp=mtr

This seller has 3212 sales and 99.7% good feedback.
      Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
      Twin 350 GM power
      Located in Seward, AK
      Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Another source:

http://www.go2marine.com/product/490...are-parts.html

I'm not that big of a fan of eBay anymore, due to the increasing fraud found there.......

Comment

Hi,

When I fisrt bought my boat in spring two years ago and pump it I had leaks. Turned out they didn't winterize the toliet over the winter and something cracked. Bought a brand new one. But, now I'm upgrading to the Jabsco Lite same footprint at the manual.

My 2 year old rarely used manual toliet is for sale.

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

Pau Hana wrote:
            Another source:

http://www.go2marine.com/product/490...are-parts.html

I'm not that big of a fan of eBay anymore, due to the increasing fraud found there.......
            When dealing on ebay you should always consider the feedback, if in the high 90% then you should not have any problems, I have 444 buy's and sells, only one non payment, and one paypal involvement for a refund. Always check feedback.
            Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
            Twin 350 GM power
            Located in Seward, AK
            Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Thanks for the links. I will get one ordered tonight. Do any of you know of a write up or perhaps have some basic instructions for the swap? Or is it common sense? Im somewhat handy but ive never turned a wrench on a boat.

Comment

Very common sense. Before you start the repair, make sure the toilet is completely flushed of any fecal matter. Next, take note of how the pump is sitting BEFORE you start- take pics with your phone if necessary. Now take the new pump; on the back there's an elbow. You want the orientation of the elbow on the new pump to match the old pump, so remove the elbow if necessary and make it happen.

Put on your gloves. Now you can loosen/remove the hose clamps.

The base has 4 screws- remove them. CAREFULLY pry the old pump off; as it comes off, take note of the way the large rubber gasket with the rubber center is positioned. Now remove the pump assembly, clean up the gasket mounting surface, install the large rubber gasket (correctly oriented) and install the pump handle. Tighten all hose clamps, and check for leaks.

Have a beer.

Exploded diagram:

http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/files/itemdoc142681.pdf

On page 9, Parts 17-34 come assembled as the pump assembly. Part 16 is the large rubber gasket.

Comment

:worth

Excellent post!! Thank you!

Comment

Had to do 2 of them bastards- one gets to know the ways of the Force, young Jedi.......

Comment

One thing I would like to mention, if you have any waste in your tank pump it out first. Also pump plenty of water to flush the 1.5" hose clear of any waste too as it does drain back into the bathroom area...... Clean water is easy to clean up after draining the waste hose..... After all you don't want any suprises

Comment

Abigayle III wrote:
                        One thing I would like to mention, if you have any waste in your tank pump it out first. Also pump plenty of water to flush the 1.5" hose clear of any waste too as it does drain back into the bathroom area...... Clean water is easy to clean up after draining the waste hose..... After all you don't want any suprises
                        Amen brother... yeah I wish someone told me that little gem last year when I went on replacing gaskets....

Comment

Working...
                        X