Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all first generation (1991-1994) 3055 owners. 2655 2855 as well.-gctid360650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all first generation (1991-1994) 3055 owners. 2655 2855 as well.-gctid360650

Need help.

Can anyone measure the thickness of the cabin windows. I need to replace a piece and the boat is 2 hours away. Would like to get it before heading up to the lake for spring commission and get this project done.

Thanks!!
    Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
    1998 3055 Ciera
    (yes, a 1998)
    Previous boat: 1993 3055
    Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
    Sea Doo XP
    Sea Doo GTI SE
    Life is short. Boats are cool.
    The family that plays together stays together.
    Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Since I had the exact same year and style and colour of your boat albeit a 2855, I should be able to answer your question AFTER I get to the office as I do believe I have a piece left over from my adventure when I replaced all the side windows. Will get back to you in a couple of hours.
    Cheers, Hans
    2007 Carver 41 CMY
    Twin Volvo D6-370
    Montreal, Canada
    Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Unfortunately I must of thrown away the extra or used it up on some other project. Sorry.
      Cheers, Hans
      2007 Carver 41 CMY
      Twin Volvo D6-370
      Montreal, Canada
      Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Thanks for trying sir.
        1998 3055 Ciera
        (yes, a 1998)
        Sea Doo XP
        Sea Doo GTI SE

Comment

I'll gladly measure my windows for you but I'm not quite sure how to measure the thickness without first removing the windows...if you could give me some direction of how to without removing the windows I'll have an answer for you this evening.

Comment

I believe that it seats on the hull itself with the trim around it as extra support/holding power. What I was thinking is to measure the trim up to where the lip is that holds the window in place. Worst case is I remove one to measure then put it back in place and then order replacements.

Thanks for any help/ideas.
            1998 3055 Ciera
            (yes, a 1998)
            Sea Doo XP
            Sea Doo GTI SE

Comment

I have yet to make it to my boat to get those measured for you... sorry its just been very hectic lately. Have you been able to order new windows? if so how much were they because I believe I may need to order boths sides my self. The are some small cracks in mine I had forgotten about and need to handle this before they become worse. Hopefully ill be around the boat this weekend if you still need me to measure up those windows.

Comment

Working...
              X