Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keithjabber wrote:
    Ahh, I see.

I found you thread on the 2859'er site and that has a lot more helpful info.

One question. Do you know what the reverse angle of the transom is at that point? I saw you had to have your OB bracket modified, hoping to avoid this. I have some adjustment on my outboard, don't know if it's enough though.
    I can't tell you what the angle is, but I did have to modify the bracket to get everything to line up right.

Comment

I just got my new (1995) 2859 Classic Cruiser in the water last week. I had been nervous about the cost of running it. I was considering mounting a 9.9 kicker myself for trolling. I found through my Northstar fuel meter I burn just 1.5 Gallons per hour at trolling speed. What are your reasons for mounting the kicker? Are you just trying to cut down on engine hours or is there some other benefit I am missing here. (I love my 2859 just don't do as I did durring my first time out. I had to release my "Inner Jackass" and see how well it does in oncoming 4 foot waves at 30 miles an hour. The cabinets opened and dumped three pounds of Coffee on the deck. But now I have a good small shop vac on the boat)

Comment

Chesapeakbay wrote:
        I just got my new (1995) 2859 Classic Cruiser in the water last week. I had been nervous about the cost of running it. I was considering mounting a 9.9 kicker myself for trolling. I found through my Northstar fuel meter I burn just 1.5 Gallons per hour at trolling speed. What are your reasons for mounting the kicker? Are you just trying to cut down on engine hours or is there some other benefit I am missing here. (I love my 2859 just don't do as I did durring my first time out. I had to release my "Inner Jackass" and see how well it does in oncoming 4 foot waves at 30 miles an hour. The cabinets opened and dumped three pounds of Coffee on the deck. But now I have a good small shop vac on the boat)
        Welcome to the 2859 club. You might give this site a look see. http://www.bayliner2859.com/

Two main reasons for a kicker, fishing (trolling) and as a get home motor in case the main fails.

Comment

Figured that if you guys knew the dimensions of the 2859 swim platform you might also save me a trip down to my boat also if you had the dimensions of the Transom Entry Access Opening. I have a 1993 2859 Classic (without the transom door) and I'm going to adapt a boarding ramp for my dog that would fit in the transom opening above the swim platform. The width is the critical dimension. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X