Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 Bayliner Trophy 2002 WA ~ New 82 gallon *empty* fuel tank installed-gctid360071

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1998 Bayliner Trophy 2002 WA ~ New 82 gallon *empty* fuel tank installed-gctid360071

Hello all,

We recently had a new aluminum fuel tank installed in our Trophy. The old one corroded because it was installed by Bayliner using RUBBER straps which trapped moisture against the tank and caused corrosion and leakage. The new tank has been epoxy coated and installed using breathable straps. Our motor is an Evinrude 200 HP OB 2 stroke.

Now that I have a brand new *EMPTY* 82 gallon gas tank, if it is not filled to the brim it can take on water inside and cause the motor to sputter or die ~ right? Since gas is $5,000 a gallon it will break the bank to fill it all the way up, but I don't want the water issue. I live in Northern California ~ rainy but not snowing here or anything....

What are my options? I understand there are fuel filters that can be used? Any information on water in the fuel prevention would be great!

Thanks.

CLegs

Water in the fuel does not really come from having a "not full" tank, especially if you are using the boat. Make sure the vent is open and nothing drains water into the tank, and you'll be fine. You can install a water-separating filter, a good fuel filter is a good thing to have. Use Stabil in the fuel for long storage periods.

Comment

Oh! If you're not going to use it weekly try and purchase non-ethanol fuel, or treat as necessary with Stabil marine.

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
        X