192 Discovery hull issue-gctid359692

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

192 Discovery hull issue-gctid359692

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/662660=25234-Starboard side Photo.jpg[/img]My hull has developed a curve, I do not believe this is collision damage as the gel coat is perfect, the curve is visible below the A and the Y of Bayliner an the upper white part of the hull, has anyone seen this before

This came up in a recent thread....I believe the consensus was it was cosmetic (that's what Bayliner will say) and has to do with the stringer attachment. I'll try to find the original thread.

here it is. http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...=hull+stringer

Comment

Out of curiosity, does it have a similar curve on the port side?
      2007 Discovery 246
      300mpi BIII
      Welcome island Lake Superior

Comment

Spend a few dollars and get a hull survey done. Bayliner will swear up and down its cosmetic, but your stuck with it. I had an issue with a resin starved hull that took a lot before I could get Bayliner to attempt a repair. I still have a lemon law case sitting in the wings if the atempt they made fails. Time will tell, keep all documentation and a copy of the survey. Good Luck.

Comment

The other side is perfect, spoke to the dealer who sold me the boat and he said that Bayliner have decided that this is collision damage and nothing to do with the manufacture of the hull and all this from looking at a few photos, looks like I will have to get a surveyor involved as in this condition the boat is unsellable.

Comment

Working...
          X