Powder coat on engine parts-gctid359272

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powder coat on engine parts-gctid359272

Anybody ever powder coat engine parts like the pulleys, alternator frame, valve covers, carb, intake... etc? I got this here Eastwood Hot Coat gun and used it on some car parts, but those ugly engines are screaming... "I know I run really well, make me look good!"

Powder coating is the way to go. Since it is baked on, it withstands the heat very well and It's better then paint.

Comment

You more than likely know this, but no powder coat in the pully v's where the belt runs.

Would like to see some photos when it's done.

Comment

Spinaxis wrote:
        You more than likely know this, but no powder coat in the pully v's where the belt runs.

Would like to see some photos when it's done.
        No, I didn't know that! Thank you. I figured it would not hurt to have it in there, and was planning on coating the whole pulley(s). I'll also post finished pix.

Also, I seem to be suffering from the all too common "scope creep"... Now the fuel pump and filter assy are off, a few more brackets, and I'm looking at the valve covers and intake manifold... carb too. But I'll start with the pulleys, finish those first.

You sure the powder coat can't go into the groove?

Comment

penguin wrote:
          No, I didn't know that! Thank you. I figured it would not hurt to have it in there, and was planning on coating the whole pulley(s). I'll also post finished pix.

Also, I seem to be suffering from the all too common "scope creep"... Now the fuel pump and filter assy are off, a few more brackets, and I'm looking at the valve covers and intake manifold... carb too. But I'll start with the pulleys, finish those first.

You sure the powder coat can't go into the groove?
          I would mask the pulley groove and the bore and the key slot.

Comment

Working...
          X