How to remove inside trim on (39)03 Trophy 2359-gctid359142

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove inside trim on (39)03 Trophy 2359-gctid359142

If anyone knows how to remove the upholstered trim panels that fit inside the cuddy along the inside of the rub rail please share.

The trim I refer to is about 6 inches wide and runs the length of the inside of the fwd bulkhead to the front of the boat and on the inside, approx where the rubrail would be. Both sides.

No visible fasteners. Don't want to use bigger hammer or remove rub rail in just case it fastens through that way. All suggestions appreciated.

Rick.
    2003 Trophy Pro 2359; Rebuilt 5.7L Vortec longblock (crate) using rest of the previous owners freeze destroyed 5.0L. Now fully FWC Alpha 1 Gen 2 drive.

when I installed the windlass up front i looked for a way to remove those pads. I bet they are secured from behind the rub rail. They feel like they are attached along the centre only. Anyways I was able to tuck 95% of the cables in behind, they are only exposed right at the front as they go into the anchor locker.

Comment

They have screws that is behind the outer rub rail ,you will have to remove the center of rail, only the area of inner pad .they only have three or 4 long screws .

Comment

pjumper wrote:
        when I installed the windlass up front i looked for a way to remove those pads. I bet they are secured from behind the rub rail. They feel like they are attached along the centre only. Anyways I was able to tuck 95% of the cables in behind, they are only exposed right at the front as they go into the anchor locker.
        They ran the cabling for the winch in the same location. No problems there. I wanted to remove the padded rails so I can shampoo the area where there are pink water stains in the white fluffy stuff.
        2003 Trophy Pro 2359; Rebuilt 5.7L Vortec longblock (crate) using rest of the previous owners freeze destroyed 5.0L. Now fully FWC Alpha 1 Gen 2 drive.

Comment

timrod wrote:
          They have screws that is behind the outer rub rail ,you will have to remove the center of rail, only the area of inner pad .they only have three or 4 long screws .
          Thanks timrod, you're saying I only need to remove the outside rubstrip insert for access, and then remove the long screws.

I'm wondering if thats the source of some of the mystery fresh water that likes to make stains inside our cuddy.

Comment

yes!! it will leak between rub rail and through the screw hole . They can't be too tight ,because it will strip out the plywood pad .I restored my boat completely ,had the complete thing split , all new rubrail and screws .Recovered pads and thought i had did it right ! And had a leak at one of the screws ,had to remove and reseal it .

Comment

Thanks for the info, I've wondered the same. Mine has also leaked from the factory sealant that they put on the bottom of the rub rail, at least on mine. Replaced the sealant with a silicon rtv and no more leaks down the monkey fur. Thought it had to be the window seal.
              2005 2359 Bravo III
              Mercruiser 5.0 MPI
              Central CA Coast

Comment

Working...
              X