Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

source for pre-fabricated aluminum arch for the 45XX?-gctid358895

Friends,

Anyone know of source for pre-fabricated aluminum radar arches that are designed to drop into place and fit the 4550?
    ~~1987 Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse & 17' Boston Whaler Dauntless~~

I would check out Atlantic Towers.

http://www.atlantictowers.com/

I've used their products on other boats and found them to be great quality.

I also saw a photo of one on a 45 somewhere and thought it looked GREAT!

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    www.transferswitch4less.com

where are we right now?

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

A friend of mine used Atlantic Towers and had a very bad experience with them so I am a bit leery of them but I have had several folks recommend them.

Comment

I recommend having a local awning or welders shop make you up one exactly like you want it, and they'll come install it for you. Plus it's always a good idea to go make friends with your local welding shop owner. You might be surprised how eager he is to get out of the garage and go visit your boat and will embrace the project as something different to do.

I can probably dig up photos of a really nice arch that was done here on a 4588 20 something years ago. It gave the boat a "Bannenburg" look.

Comment

Pilothouseking

I would love to see that picture if you could find it. Have thought about this concept for our 45 also.
          Patrick and Patti
          4588 Pilothouse 1991
          12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
          M/V "Paloma"
          MMSI # 338142921

Comment

I have also used Atlantic Towers and I am very happy with their work and their service.Please call them and ask to speak to Shelley Golden.I have attached a photo of our HINGED Atlantic Towers arch on our 3818. The air draft of our 3818 is about 14'6" or the height of the dark plexiglass dodger on the the front of the help on the bridge

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/662281=25196-Best broadside.jpg[/img]Ken'88 3818

Comment

I talked to Atlantic Towers this week. They have a pretty darn economical pipe arch that may be hard to beat. I am going to ask around with local welding shops but really not sure they could beat the pricing of Atlantic Towers but we'll see. Hinged could be nice though probably not 100% necessary- don't plan on shipping it that much and already low enough to go under the chicago bridge if it does the great loop. Thanks all.

Comment

Papa Charlie wrote:
                Pilothouseking

I would love to see that picture if you could find it. Have thought about this concept for our 45 also.
                I looked through 5 hard drives and couldn't find it, so it must be in the dead computer from pre-2000. Too bad as it was sharp. It was basically 3. Three inch verticle pipes in series standing vertically with the Radar at the top being the unifier. It was copied after the arches that Bannenburg installed on his boats back in the 90's. Looked like mini megayacht....although some called it a roll bar.

In small world categorty, the guy who ended up buying the boat you now own, ame and took photos of her. The boat was called Starship and came from NY in 91. Was Captain maintained and operated, lived at Williams Island and had 310hp Hinos installed. Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown chartered it-and ran it hard up on a sandbar. I think it got sold off to Europe as salvage by 04 as her next owner just let it rot away.

Comment

kwjennings wrote:
                  I have also used Atlantic Towers and I am very happy with their work and their service.Please call them and ask to speak to Shelley Golden.I have attached a photo of our HINGED Atlantic Towers arch on our 3818. The air draft of our 3818 is about 14'6" or the height of the dark plexiglass dodger on the the front of the help on the bridge

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]Ken'88 3818
                  Can I ask how much one of these costs? Sure looks great!

Comment

Atlantic Towers makes these pre-fabricated arches in 3 sizes. Small, Medium & Large.

The Large size is a good fit for a Bayliner 38XX

I recall that I invested about $2500 for the arch including the hinge options & other add-ons. This price was FOB Toronto Ontario.

Follow this link and you will see the basic arch is offered for sale for $1600.

http://www.atlantictowers.com/products_radar_arch.php

Call me at 416 570-4957 and I will give you some insight into what you must do to properly install the arch.

Ken

Comment

Here's a link to some pictures of the arch I had made for my 45XX.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...ght=radar+arch

Very happy with it, especially how it opens up the deck area (and probably less than half the weight of the original too).

TSmith

Comment

Working...
                      X