Salon lighting solution for 3288-gctid358448

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salon lighting solution for 3288-gctid358448

I wanted to share with you all a great solution to a plagued problem on the 32's. This weekend I removed the beauty rings on the two lights that are above the salon table. It took some gingerly twisting but eventually they came off after lining up the small tangs with the slots. I removed the incadescent bulbs (5w) and replaced them with a Lunasea high intensity LED's (3.5w) (Fisheries Supply) they ran about $17 each. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! the amount of light produced is easily 2-3x's that of the old bulbs and it uses 1/2 the amount of amps! Old bulbs ran about .7 amps and the new LED's run about .3 amps.

Hope this helps someone else!

Trev

Thanks for the info on bulbs. I just removed mine last week in my 38 and was looking for replacements.
    Two C's 1990 3888 MY, 175 Hinos, Hurth 630 Trannys
    Past Commodore Emerald Rose Yacht Club
    Member International Order of the Blue Gavel
    MMSI: 338030604

Comment

Trev, thanks for the info. I too have been looking for a solution to the abysmal lighting in the cabin. Do you have an exact part number for the LED bulb? Also, has anyone found an LED replacement for the small wall lamps? BTW, watts should be directly proportional to current assuming that the source voltage and the line resistance remain constant. I.E; a 30% reduction in watts (5w vs. 3.5w) should yield a 30% reduction in amps.

Comment

I believe Lunasea does carry such a replacement, but they are a little spendy ~$25 if memory serves me. I'll check and see if I save the packaging for the part number on he salon bulbs.

Comment

http://www.fisheriessupply.com/resul...ywords=Lunasea

Spendy indeed but who said boating (and improved lighting) was cheap. Some of those flush mounts are very attractive.

Comment

Raven Song: Are the salon table light bulbs in your 32 BA15s? My 38 salon table light bulbs are BA9s. I went to Fisheries today and they don't have the ones for my boat. I might have to change out the socket to BA15 if I can't find BA9.
            Two C's 1990 3888 MY, 175 Hinos, Hurth 630 Trannys
            Past Commodore Emerald Rose Yacht Club
            Member International Order of the Blue Gavel
            MMSI: 338030604

Comment

Two C's ,

Yes they are the BA15S. The LunaSea bulb that I replaced them with is #LLB-22EW-21-00, this is the High Intensity Series, Warm White 3.6W 8-30VDC. As a side note you may want to contact them directly at www.lunasealighting.com. Best of luck, they are a wonderful upgrade!

Trev

Comment

I just removed the old corroded fixtures and made new ones with same sized teak panel fitted with a LED warm light and a switch.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/galler...2_itemId=41992

easy to do and nice looking.
                NILE
                1989 3288MY 305's US Marine
                Fort Lauderdale Florida

Comment

Nice job, looks great!

Comment

Working...
                  X