Freezer 3270MY-gctid357859

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezer 3270MY-gctid357859

Hello everyone.....Would like to install a 120 volt freezer on our 3270......thought about removing the sink in the aft cabin and installing a small up-right....was looking for some advise....Thanks....
    1987 3270MY, 135 Hino engines

2015 Element ( Lime Green) Limited Edition 75 HP Mercury.

Roger, Lake Saint Clair, Michigan
    Fair Winds & Following Seas

There are a lot of small freezer on the market, measure your space and we will know what to suggest! You will need an inverter for 1500 watts continous, you will need a surge capacity of about 2600 to 3000 watts.
    Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
    Twin 350 GM power
    Located in Seward, AK
    Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Have not measured yet was looking for input on ideas were to install a small freezer... My thought Is to purchase a 110 unit as we don't spend much time on the hook anymore

Comment

I took out the helm chair, never drove from lower station, and sat a freezer in it's place. It has been to Alaska 4 times + 8 more trips north of Bella Bella. No problems It is held in place by gravity. It is always full

Comment

The previous owner removed the ice making stuff from the ice maker that was under the aft deck sink, and just used it like a freezer. We think that it is a great addition since we live virtually full time on board for 5 months.

Comment

Same here Mark. PO had installed an ice maker under the outside sink. It was corroded and didn't work so I just removed the icemaker and

it's a handy little freezer now.

Comment

A couple of friends had 32s with freezers on back deck. They used those Norcold combination 12 V, 120 V, propane freezers. These fit perfect next to the bridge ladder next to the door. One sold his 32, immediately after Norcold completely rebuilt his freezer compressor and rest of mechanism, and I purchased it from him. Uses about one 1 1/2 gal propane tank every two weeks of use. These freezers are no longer made but you do see them used.
              Started boating 1965
              Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

I have Norcold chest behind the steps to the aft state room and a 110 freezer at the lower helm. The 110 freezer uses less energy than the Norcold

Comment

We use a combo unit with adjustable temp. Beginning of trip itserves as a freezers. Towards the end it is a fridge for beer and left-overs. By the way it lives below the wheel of lower helm and is a great footrest. Ours came as an open box from compactappliance.com. at a price of $325 a steal compared to comparable appliances.

Christopher

Comment

I have a $149 Walmart freezer, a $75 Canadian Tire inverter and a pair of almost new Trojan T-105's that I scored for $100.

It hasn't been on the boat yet, but I had it on a bench in my garage for a month and it seems to work quite well.

It will go on the back deck and will be powered from the T-105's (dedicated). I will use a 'battery combiner' (another $60) to connect the Trojans to the main house bank.

I have seen a number of similar setups and have heard good things about them. I'll let you know how mine works out

Comment

I want to thank everyone for there response. The admiral would like a door freezer. From my understanding I'd you get a 110 volt and it is good and froze when you unplug from shore power your can run, 8 hours plus and it will still be fine as long as you don't open it. Typically, we only run a hour unto the boat club then we plug back in. I would prefer some thing that went under the lower helm as to help balance the boat. Every tine we add things on The boat, I try to keep a even keel.... If I put in the the aft cabin where the sink is currently we might have a port list......it wont be long a we will be launching....

Ps too bad I can't in stall one in the forward cabin...

Keep it on the level

Comment

Working...
                      X