Volvo 305s

MMSI 338130047
    Lake Michigan

You might have gotten a great deal.

You might have gotten a very bad deal.

You don't know, and neither do we.

Now you own a boat. Time to go see her.

At least you paid a low price.

Good luck and welcome to boat ownership and the BOC.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    www.transferswitch4less.com

where are we right now?

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

Looks clean enough in the pictures. Hopefully it's been winterized and there's no major mechanical problems.

Comment

Good find.

Great buy.

Enjoy!

Comment

ksanders wrote:
          You might have gotten a great deal.

You might have gotten a very bad deal.

You don't know, and neither do we.

Now you own a boat. Time to go see her.

At least you paid a low price.

Good luck and welcome to boat ownership and the BOC.
          +1 good luck

Comment

Hey Ugly - good for you - the right price fixes a lot of evils - I did roughly the same thing - bought sight unseen - quite happy

Comment

With gas engines, parts are a lot cheaper than diesel parts, so fixing any issues should be a lot easier on the pocket book. Good luck, hope it runs perfect for you. Is there anyone in the area that can look at the boat?
              Started boating 1965
              Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

Congrats!

Ad says; "This boat is in emmaculate condition".

If you have not owned a SDN F/B, you're in for enjoying some nice amenities.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
                2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
                Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
                Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
                Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

2850Bounty wrote:
                  Congrats!

Ad says; "This boat is in emmaculate condition".

If you have not owned a SDN F/B, you're in for enjoying some nice amenities.

Every time I see your posts I think back to all the good times we had with our Bounty. It was the best Bayliner (at least for the money) we ever owned. Wonderful layout for a family. Bought it new and sold it almost 10 years later for what we paid new for it. It was clearly the fastest Bayliner we ever had also, with the twin 350s and Volvo Outdrives. Called it Salt Shaker as it could really shake the salt water. We could easily run to the San Juan islands after work on Friday night and cruise home Sunday after noon late, in time for work the next day. Last Bayliner we owned that our two sons cruised with us. In the summer we only had three weeks of vacation but could run to Desolation Sound and to North end of Vancouver I in just a couple of days. Our Bounty was the 3rd from end of production, a friend got the last one out of the factory and a letter from all the factory workers that built it.
                  Started boating 1965

Comment

Problem with e-bay type purchases is usually no time for surveys (even if you could trust the long distance and never met surveyors).

Well, my case was the oppsite: full structural and engine room survey. So far, after the engine room survey which stated no glaring issues and, other than simple maintainance, no foreseen work to be done:

This was my first season:

1 - genset top end rebuild $3000

2 - genset waterpump rebuild/install $100 plus labor

3 - genset removal and awaiting full rebuild as salt water came in through failed waterpump bearing (surveyor mentioned a small weep from pump which should be addressed NEXT season)

4 - exhaust risers plugged/corroded, replaced stainless $3000 plus labor

5 - complete battery replacement 10 in total) as originals wouldn't hold charge $forgot

6 - the biggie: manicooler replacements (old ones too far gone for ceramic coating...lucky as hell to get at it before salt water or coolant entered engines - fingers etc crossed) $12000 plus labor (yes that's three zeros)

7 - understandably, 1986 boats require repair and I'm not complaining about replacing the macerator, shower sump pump, anchor chain, canvas, interior surfaces etc.

Point is don't fret too much for buying a less than $15G boat without surveys. I don't know if my surveyor was incompitent or a friend of the owner but he will run if he sees me. I don't think naming him would be legal but I'll say anyone buying in at the Point Roberts marina, Wash. should check their surveyor out carefully.

Comment

Congrats and I echo my best wishes to you with your purchase.

To all future Ebayers. Do not buy sight unseen or without proper proof of ownership and that vessel actually exists. Ebay has become a haven for fraudulent boat sales. As always BUYER BEWARE!!!

Comment

I bought my boat up at Pt Roberts as well, this past summer, and didn't bother getting a survey. Boat was cheap enough, and I have done this enough, that I figure I can handle anything myself. Good advice to check those risers & manicoolers though. My experience with surveyors is that they can't catch everything either.

fishin1 wrote:
                        Problem with e-bay type purchases is usually no time for surveys (even if you could trust the long distance and never met surveyors).

Well, my case was the oppsite: full structural and engine room survey. So far, after the engine room survey which stated no glaring issues and, other than simple maintainance, no foreseen work to be done:

3 - genset removal and awaiting full rebuild as salt water came in through failed waterpump bearing (surveyor mentioned a small weep from pump which should be addressed NEXT season)

5 - complete battery replacement 10 in total) as originals wouldn't hold charge $forgot

6 - the biggie: manicooler replacements (old ones too far gone for ceramic coating...lucky as hell to get at it before salt water or coolant entered engines - fingers etc crossed) $12000 plus labor (yes that's three zeros)

7 - understandably, 1986 boats require repair and I'm not complaining about replacing the macerator, shower sump pump, anchor chain, canvas, interior surfaces etc.

Point is don't fret too much for buying a less than $15G boat without surveys. I don't know if my surveyor was incompitent or a friend of the owner but he will run if he sees me. I don't think naming him would be legal but I'll say anyone buying in at the Point Roberts marina, Wash. should check their surveyor out carefully.
                        Glen Sherwood
                        1987 3270 twin 305’s
                        Coupeville, WA

Comment

Beautiful boat. Looks immaculate! Good luck.

CaptUgly wrote:
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Bought it sight unseen!
                          Glen Sherwood
                          1987 3270 twin 305’s
                          Coupeville, WA

Comment

Well there are no manicoolers on those gas engines at least. Hope for the best and plan for the worst.
                            Started boating 1965

Comment

...if you got a survey

This is a picture of absolute non delivery of services if described even near accurately. I would suggest that you pursue this so he has more to worry about than just seeing you around. I have seen many surveys and occasional mistakes which a good surveyor/company will try and correct through some form of positive negotiation but this is way out of line.

Hope this helps
                              Northport NY

Comment

Working...
                              X