Door screens 3888-gctid356512

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door screens 3888-gctid356512

Bought a 89 3888 in November and Took it down the Tennessee river and TB water way to MS gulf coast. Now trying to find out how everything works. I found two door screens that looks like they should fit the back door but I can't see how they would work. Can somebody explain where and how these screens go?

I've seen a 32xx with a screen it had magnetic closure. Found them on Amazon I thought they would be very nice for ventilation but the reviews weren't very good. They attached to the door frame with 2 sided tape or tacks, one style used Velcro. Sounded like a good idea poorly executed from the reviews.
    Capt. Ron.
    "I will not tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death"
    "Never Trade Luck For Skill"
    1987 3870 - Northern Lights ll
    Hino EH700
    Westerbeke 8.0
    1999 Logic Marine 17' CC/50 Merc.
    on Louisiana pool Mississippi River.

Comment

Perhaps those screens are for the 3 hatches (heads and fwd stateroom)? My sliding door has no provisions for screens.

Comment

Screen doors?

That reminds me of that old joke, "How do you sink an Italian submarine?"

Sorry I couldn't refrain and good luck with those screens, sounds like a good idea.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. They are too large for the hatches and look the right size for the door top glass and bottom glass. Guess I will have to call the PO and see if he knows. Hate for something like this to get the best of me. They have a metal frame so no magnet or other methods for attaching. Even thought, maybe you open the door and fit them in the opening but they have a gap the same size as the wood spacer in the glass door.

Comment

The side salon windows came with screens.

Steve

Comment

We use a weighted screen sold for doorways and sewed a pocket at the top for a spring loaded curtain rod. The weight is enough that it hangs flat but is flexible enough to push aside for passing through. It is split down the middle into two halves. You see these things on late night info-mercials, ect. Keeps the Canadian mosquitos out nicely!

Comment

Working...
              X