• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikko
    replied
    billsguns wrote:
    ... The teak on your Bayliner is stained
    So I noted. any idea what's used to stain it? I'd like to match it in a few spots...

Leave a comment:

• Papa_Charlie
    replied
    Thanks Bill, Matching stain has never been one of my strong suites.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    If you have a matching Issue take it to Daly's www.dalyspaint.com They will come up with a stain.. The teak on your Bayliner is stained

Leave a comment:

• Papa_Charlie
    replied
    Thanks all. I appreciate your input. I will log all of these into my reference files.

My Teak shouldn't be too bad to match. I just want to match that corner piece as it is used throughout the boat. Even the added closets in what was the third bedroom off the master has them. So shouldn't be extremely hard to find or if necessary have made.

Biggest thing is I miss my shop. Now I have to rely on others to do what use to be done in short order.

Thanks again guys for all the input.

Leave a comment:

• SomeSailor
    replied
    Martin Plywood has the largest stock of exotics you could ever ask for and they're right in Everett. They have everything from Alder to Zebrawood and will sell a single board foot of any of it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    VanHarper wrote:
    Edens Saw. Port Townsend/Tacoma
    Great place for wood!!

Bofum are a loooooong way from everett

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Edens Saw. Port Townsend/Tacoma

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    WAY COOL MIKE

I'll be in touch when I get home, in a year or two.

Leave a comment:

• Nikko
    replied
    Kåre L wrote:
    Here's an outfit in Thailand that also do custom work:

http://www.thaiteakmarine.com/

I recently ordered an electrical outlet box from them, but haven't received it yet.
    wow - quite the place!

Leave a comment:

• SomeSailor
    replied
    Yeah... but it's fun overkill... and it's the coolest thing Tommy. You just mount the sample piece, tell it to probe the original and then it makes a 3D mesh. You them just cut the stock with a 1/4" ballnose and sand. No work at all (and 60 inches per second).

It can do some cool stuff:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    SomeSailor wrote:
    Pat; If you can come up with a piece that'll cover the materials, I can mill it on my CNC to whatever shape you want. Even better if you have a profile from an old piece, I can digitize it and extend it across the whole piece.

Your Teak is new enough you should be able to find a board that'll work. Martin Plywood right there on Broadway (across from Wendy's restaurant) and they will sell you any shape or size by the foot. You'd only need a piece a few inches bigger than the finished trim.
    Leave it to you to use a CNC to do a table saw job

Leave a comment:

• SomeSailor
    replied
    Pat; If you can come up with a piece that'll cover the materials, I can mill it on my CNC to whatever shape you want. Even better if you have a profile from an old piece, I can digitize it and extend it across the whole piece.

Your Teak is new enough you should be able to find a board that'll work. Martin Plywood right there on Broadway (across from Wendy's restaurant) and they will sell you any shape or size by the foot. You'd only need a piece a few inches bigger than the finished trim.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You might go to Crosscut Hardwoods in Seattle, check out the material available and ask them to recommend someone to mill up some corners for you.

they are on first Avenue South

Leave a comment:

• Johnny_Vintage
    replied
    Check these guys out. I've used them for a few projects on the boat and was very happy.

They're not cheap but either is teak. They made me some custom stair noses for the companion way. Real nice.

www.westwindhardwood.com

They are located on Vancouver Island

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Here's an outfit in Thailand that also do custom work:

http://www.thaiteakmarine.com/

I recently ordered an electrical outlet box from them, but haven't received it yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X