Refridgerator-gctid462144

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refridgerator-gctid462144

Has anyone enlarged the size of their refridgerator opening on a 38 MY? I currently have a small apartment size fridge but no one makes one in a similiar size. They make them taller 60" vice 53" and deeper 26" vice 22". Lots of manufacturers make the 24" width. Any info would be appreciated.

Island Time 1986 38 MY York River

We went through the same issue when our frig went out. We finally found Summet Appliances. They are out of New Jersey.Here is the link:http://www.summitappliance.com/refrigerationHere is a picture of our unit after we installed:

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/766681=36072-DSCN0002.jpg[/img]The one I installed ended up being a little shorter. So I built a platform that served two functions. First to bring the unit up and second to clear an angled board at the back of the frig compartment. I think the overall installation looks good and we really like the frig.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/766681=36073-DSCN0003.jpg[/img]
    Patrick and Patti
    4588 Pilothouse 1991
    12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
    M/V "Paloma"
    MMSI # 338142921

Comment

I replaced mine with a Norcold DE-0061, had it for 3 years & still very happy with it.
      Capt. Ron.
      "I will not tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death"
      "Never Trade Luck For Skill"
      1987 3870 - Northern Lights ll
      Hino EH700
      Westerbeke 8.0
      1999 Logic Marine 17' CC/50 Merc.
      on Louisiana pool Mississippi River.

Comment

I finally finished installing thew refrigerator. I purchased an Avanti RA754 Apartment sized refrigerator. I had to lower the floor 3-1/2" inch but otherwise fit perfectly. Works great on the inverter and the cost was $450 with shipping.

38 "ISLAND TIME" Yorktown, VA

Comment

capt. ron wrote:
          I replaced mine with a Norcold DE-0061, had it for 3 years & still very happy with it.
          I did the same and have been happy with it.. It fits the cut out perfectly but it will push your windless out a little bit. It is an easy fix and I attached a pic of mine.. You just need to build a box around the Windless..

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]

Comment

Did you have to make any modifications to the opening? I have a 1989 3888 with the Norcold DE-828.

Comment

Working...
            X