Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FINALLY, my new website is up and running yachtsforu.com-gctid353821

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    FINALLY, my new website is up and running yachtsforu.com-gctid353821

    After months of building, I now have a NEW stand alone website specializing in Pilothouse Motoryachts. I have a HUGE page on Bayliner pilothouse history with many photos and charts that are actually large enough for you to read.

    I invite you to visit it and give me feedback. Still adding boats for sale, but I really LIKE the way I can display photos. Hopefully you guys and gal's will like it too.

    Right now it's "yachtsforu.com" but soon my other domains "baylinerpilothouse.com, and Meridianpilothouse.com" will link here.

    So please visit and let me know what you think.

    Blake Davis

    #2
    Very nice Blake!

    You've always had a very well laid out and informative web site.

    KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    www.transferswitch4less.com

    where are we right now?

    https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks Kevin.

      For some reason on AOL browser it still goes to the old site. This new one I'm not bound by others formats and can put photos as large as I like them, right where I like them. I bought a new Nikon the other day and have started taking new photos.. WOW big difference. So far only have shot the 5288 and 48' Fountain.

      I'm open to suggestions. My "IT guy" (step son who's majoring in computer science) is thinking to add a blog where anybody can comment and discuss stuff. Bayliner doesn't need one as we have this fine site, but other marques could. We'll see.. REALLY time intensive. No wonder people charge so much to build these things and have to go to India to do so.

      Soon I can tell Boatquest who's repeatedly crashed to go "pound sand"...in a "go figure category", they hired the same incompentent executive who ruined Yachtworld and led to the advent of Boatquest to begin with to come run Boatquest after they were bought by that same company who's buying all the Boating and Yachting Publications. So he's ruined Boatquest too.

      I looked at his resume and every company he's worked for has gone out of business or IS losing customers at fast rate. How does one get paid to be ruin a business and GET PAID? Amazing, but I thank him for motivating me to start this new site.

      Comment


        #4
        This should make easier access: http://yachtsforu.com/
        Jeff & Tara
        (And Ginger too)
        Lake Havasu City, AZ

        2000 Bayliner 3388
        "GetAway"
        Cummins 4bta 250s

        In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

        Comment


          #5
          Nice Blake, finally you have it sorted and I got to your new site first time, unlike my experience with your last provider.

          Thank goodness you have it sorted.

          Thanks also for posting the history...hope to see the fuel burn page soon!

          All the best with the new site.
          Allan
          '97 4788 - "Romeo IV"
          Auckland, New Zealand

          Comment


            #6
            The site looks great Blake, congrats. And as soon as I come into possession of a winning lottery ticket I'll be in touch to arrange delivery of one of those 580's. Gorgeous things!

            If you ever come across a photo of the hull thickness on a 45 (similar to the one you have posted of the 47) would you add it to your library?

            Comment


              #7
              What a surprise!!! The first photo in the above link ( http://yachtsforu.com/) is a pilothouse at the fuel dock in Whittier, Alaska - my home port since 1975. Makes me boat sick and can't wait to get boating/fishing come the middle of March.

              Darby

              Comment


                #8
                pilothouseking wrote:
                After months of building, I now have a NEW stand alone website specializing in Pilothouse Motoryachts. I have a HUGE page on Bayliner pilothouse history with many photos and charts that are actually large enough for you to read.

                I invite you to visit it and give me feedback. Still adding boats for sale, but I really LIKE the way I can display photos. Hopefully you guys and gal's will like it too.

                Right now it's "yachtsforu.com" but soon my other domains "baylinerpilothouse.com, and Meridianpilothouse.com" will link here.

                So please visit and let me know what you think.

                Blake Davis
                Congradulations Blake,

                Nice site ! I have updated the links on my site to point to your new URL

                Comment


                  #9
                  Great Site. Enjoyed the pics and am dreaming

                  Comment


                    #10
                    ducksoop wrote:
                    The site looks great Blake, congrats. And as soon as I come into possession of a winning lottery ticket I'll be in touch to arrange delivery of one of those 580's. Gorgeous things!

                    If you ever come across a photo of the hull thickness on a 45 (similar to the one you have posted of the 47) would you add it to your library?
                    Thankyou. If I run across a wrecked 45' in a boatyard I'll take photos of her. They're tough boats and it would take something like happened to that 4788 to bust her open enough to get photos. That 4788 sat on a reef in the Berry's for a week being pounded. The salvage crew that had to come from Florida tried to pursuede the owner of his waste of money as "we go to pick up Bertrams, and Hatt's there, and they're nothing but piles of debris"..the salvage crew was flaberghasted to find her in one piece, and has been preaching "bayliner gospel" ever since.

                    I do have a nice photo of a 45' amidship cleat mounted on caprail that tore off during Wilma. Also have photos of a Nordhavn hull that cracked like an egg, and of how thin they are (REAL THIN with what few layers of mat, not even resin saturated!). I've seen a LOT of "boat innards" after Hurricanes, and many were built out of materials that wasn't what I could identify as fiberglass, more like layers of bondo sandwiched between Styrofoam and thin, thin, thin layer of glass for exterior oh hull. Talking big boats too, and some of the thinnest were Taiwan builds.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Asargeant wrote:
                      Nice Blake, finally you have it sorted and I got to your new site first time, unlike my experience with your last provider.

                      Thank goodness you have it sorted.

                      Thanks also for posting the history...hope to see the fuel burn page soon!

                      All the best with the new site.
                      The fuel burn page is on "history page", just scan down to it. I made it very large and easy to read. Yeah, that last provider SUCKS!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Very nice, like the history page. I want one!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          pilothouseking wrote:
                          The fuel burn page is on "history page", just scan down to it. I made it very large and easy to read. Yeah, that last provider SUCKS!
                          Nice website Blake, lots of good information and history.

                          Do you have any fuel burn information for 5788 with 610 MAN's ??

                          Regards

                          Bob

                          "Painters Cove'

                          5788 bayliner

                          Comment


                            #14
                            weebobby wrote:
                            Nice website Blake, lots of good information and history.

                            Do you have any fuel burn information for 5788 with 610 MAN's ??

                            Regards

                            Bob

                            "Painters Cove'

                            5788 bayliner
                            The few times I've been asked that question, I just refer them to my client in New Zealand who owns the 2000 5788 "Passion" as he has VERY detailed logs of burns. In fact- the reason he moved up from a 4788 was that he calculated the 57' would burn less fuel than his 4788. He theorized that the hull speed of the 5788 would give him a higher cruise (due to water line length) and he could "loaf along" reaching his next marina or port instead of having to always "open up" the 370's to make it on time (before they closed)- which negated all the savings he thought he had with the 370's. He cruised his 4788 from Miami to Montreal and back, then shipped the boat home to New Zealand and cruised it there, so he certainly had a bellwether for comparisons.

                            He bought the 5788 in 08, which he cruised from Ossing NY (up Hudson River) to Norfolk Virginia, then up to Georgian Bay via Erie Canal, then back to Syracuse, then back up to Georgian Bay, back to NYC, then to Virginia where she's at now. He has proof of the savings. My eyes glass over when he tells me these figures, so I just put people in touch with him and he tells them. He really likes his 5788!

                            NOW-I see you have a 5788, maybe you could provide me figures I could use, and will post them. Interestly nobody has ever asked me this question about the Meridian 580's, maybe because the electronic engines will show all this on the Cummins screen?

                            Any other 5788 owners out there have figures you would like to share?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              WOW what a great web sight Good job

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X