Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3870 Cockpit Flood Lights-gctid353508

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    3870 Cockpit Flood Lights-gctid353508

    I replaced these lights about 6 years ago and they were hard to find at that time. Both are broken again. The plastic brreaks down in the sun. Can't find replacements now. I beleive they were Perko with a on/off switch. Any suggestions on replacements.

    Thanks,

    Steve

    #2
    For new lights try these on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/250980779418...84.m1438.l2649
    Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

    Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
    Twin 350 GM power
    Located in Seward, AK
    Retired marine surveyor

    Comment


      #3
      There should be some very nice LED lighting out there for you. If mine tossed it in that is what I would do. Try Marine LED or any of the LED places on line as they have both household current and 12 v lighting for those who are off the grid.

      Comment


        #4
        Flyboy III wrote:
        There should be some very nice LED lighting out there for you. If mine tossed it in that is what I would do. Try Marine LED or any of the LED places on line as they have both household current and 12 v lighting for those who are off the grid.
        If someone can provide a source of not too expensive LED aft docking/cockpit lights please share it with us. Pat S.
        Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

        Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
        Twin 350 GM power
        Located in Seward, AK
        Retired marine surveyor

        Comment


          #5
          I've looked at the LED websites as well as conventional marine lights and I can't find anything that has an on/off switch like the stock light did. I really don't want to run more wires and have to add another switch.

          Steve

          Comment


            #6
            My cockpit lights are switched inside the salon so to go LED would be just replacing the fixture or redo of the wiring if that was the defective part of the equation. Cheers,

            mcintyst wrote:
            I've looked at the LED websites as well as conventional marine lights and I can't find anything that has an on/off switch like the stock light did. I really don't want to run more wires and have to add another switch.

            Steve

            Comment


              #7
              mcintyst wrote:
              I replaced these lights about 6 years ago and they were hard to find at that time. Both are broken again. The plastic brreaks down in the sun. Can't find replacements now. I beleive they were Perko with a on/off switch. Any suggestions on replacements.

              Thanks,

              Steve
              Try ebay LED item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Whi...item4cfe990459
              Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

              Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
              Twin 350 GM power
              Located in Seward, AK
              Retired marine surveyor

              Comment


                #8
                The stock set up has the two cockpit courtesy lights as well as the two docking/floods on the same circuit wich is switched on from the interior but the the two docking/floods have on/off switches on them. So the floods can be off when not needed but the coutersy lights can be on. All the led floods that I have seen do not have swithces which does not solve the problem. Need lights with on/off switchs buit in to them like the existing ones.

                Thanks,

                Steve

                Comment


                  #9
                  triangle rv in sidney had some very similar lights ,,,not sure if they had the switch, but a small one from radio shack could be added...
                  84-38,,86-38,,89-45,,97-47,,99-47,,01-47,,05-540,, 04-411 meridian and 11 others,, all gone ,,now 04 -490 ,,sidney,,vancouver island.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    mcintyst wrote:
                    The stock set up has the two cockpit courtesy lights as well as the two docking/floods on the same circuit wich is switched on from the interior but the the two docking/floods have on/off switches on them. So the floods can be off when not needed but the coutersy lights can be on. All the led floods that I have seen do not have swithces which does not solve the problem. Need lights with on/off switchs buit in to them like the existing ones.

                    Thanks,

                    Steve
                    You may need to be creative and install a new switch.
                    Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

                    Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
                    Twin 350 GM power
                    Located in Seward, AK
                    Retired marine surveyor

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Thanks guys. I'll check out Traingle RV,. My next step was to go to the RV shops as lots of times I find cheaper solutions there. I'll re[ort if I find something.

                      Steve

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X