4788 Pilothouse color match-gctid353163

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4788 Pilothouse color match-gctid353163

Has anyone been able to color match the 4788 pilothouse structure? I'm talking the interior tan/brown color where all the dash panels, controls, etc are mounted. I have a few screw holes that I'd like to fill in and want to try and blend it in as much as possible. Thanks.
    Pat
    Paragon
    1999 4788

Gelcoat paste use to be available from an outfit in NW Auburn that blended products for Bayliner, but several years ago they disappeared. You can mix your own but that is a long process to develop a good color match.

Comment

Wonder if this could be it...

http://www.spectrumcolor.com/Product...14288WK&key=it
      Pat
      Paragon
      1999 4788

Comment

That's the company, the problem is Bayliner has used a variety of color shades on boats making it difficult to get a color match.

I had a difficult time finding the correct shade of white for a 38 and a 39 from Spectrum. The 38 was built in Valdosta GA and used a different tint than the WA factory. The 39 problem was a mis label of the gelcoat by Spectrum, after several attempts at getting the correct color I had Kevin at Breakwater Marine do it the old fashion way. The Spectrum gelcoat for the instrument panel on my 47 was right on.

Comment

chuck4788 wrote:
          The Spectrum gelcoat for the instrument panel on my 47 was right on.
          Chuck,

Just to clarify for me, was the gelcoat for the instrument panel right on because of the color matching by Kevin? Or was it straight from the jar?

Thx.
          Pat
          Paragon
          1999 4788

Comment

You may want to find an alternative to Spectrum Color........

I was looking for a color match for the arctic white on our M490 last year. Several emails garnered zero response, and when I called, I had to go through the "anti sales department" with a person who was totally unhelpful, and just plain rude.

They couldn't help unless I quoted the particular color code - duh! - that's what I was looking for! They wouldn't even ask around to see what colors they had been supplying to the Arlington Plant for new Meridians.

In my experience, this is one company who are doing business in spite of themselves.
            Rob
            Bayliner 5788
            'Merlin V'
            Vancouver BC

Comment

[QUOTE

In my experience, this is one company who are doing business in spite of themselves.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me started on this sad anti-quality of life factor in the marine world!!!

Comment

Working...
              X