Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get saloon chairs out of a 4588 (and giving them away)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get saloon chairs out of a 4588 (and giving them away)

I did a couple searches and couldn't find anything. We're replacing the 2 original saloon chairs and trying to get the old ones out of the boat and all I can figure is that they built the boat around the chairs! Or perhaps they completely removed a set of windows and put them in that way. Any suggestions on how to remove these bad boys? They don't seem to disassemble at all. They won't fit through the doors or through the windows even with the window handles removed to slide the window fully open (I don't want to completely remove the windows).

I'd rather not Sawzall them but that might be what it comes down to.

Also they are free if anyone wants them and we can figure out how to get them out in 1 piece. They need upholstery.
    Brad
    Lake Union, Seattle
    1987 Bayliner 4550 "Ark Angel"
    Hino EH700T / MG-502 / Cummins Onan 7kw
    Seattle Yacht Club

I had to remove both windows and they they fit. I don't own a sawsall. HA.Sorry, I too tried a LOT of things.

Comment

Hi Brad
      A picture would be nice to get an idea of size. Can legs be removed,have you removed the salon door.
      I’ve had to do this before.
      Brad & Sharon
      Lady Jake
      1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
      Anacortes/La Conner, Wa.

Comment

our 4588 has original chairs (we have recovered a few times now) and they simply turn 90 degrees and go through back door, not sure what your chairs are, ours are teak with bottom and back upholstered. I remove them when ever working on the strb engine and put in cockpit of swim deck.
        Mark
        USCG OUPV
        1990 4588
        Carlsbad, CA

Comment

They don’t disassemble at all. I even cut into the side of one to see if there were screws I could remove but it seems to be mostly glued together. They don’t fit through any doors or a single window. If we remove the windows then we could get it out. Guess I need to figure out how to remove the windows…
          Brad
          Lake Union, Seattle
          Seattle Yacht Club

Comment

Open rear salon door to max or detach door from track. Turn chair on side. Put back through door and rotate through door. If there are legs, detach.
            I have a pair of barrel style chairs with flip down backs and storage beneath seat. The Shia converts to an ottoman or with the flip of the seat cushion, a table. RV furniture.
            1990 4588

Comment

We demolished them to get them out and took them to the dumpster.
              Brad
              Lake Union, Seattle
              Seattle Yacht Club

Comment

Hi Brad
                A pic.of the new chairs would be nice as mine are getting a little tired.
                Brad & Sharon
                Lady Jake
                1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
                Anacortes/La Conner, Wa.

Comment

Special above. Put a tarp down first, move the chairs first to save on your cleanup. We had our chairs listed on craigslist for the longest time before anybody picked them up dirt cheap
                  Joe
                  2001 5288
                  Lucky Liner ll

Comment

I am away from the boat this week and don’t have a picture available of them in the boat but we went with these and love them. We are slowly brightening up our old dark boat and these made a big improvement. Decent quality, comfy, about the right weight (heavy enough to stay put, but a lot easier to move around than the old ones), and look nice. And they fit in the same space as the old chairs.

HUIMO Accent Chair Set of 2, Arm Chair, Wooden Mid-Century Modern Chair, Side Chair, Elegant Upholstered Lounge Chair for Living Room, Bedroom, Linen Fabric Padded Reading Chair(Beige) https://a.co/d/aUnrYH7

only disappointment is that I don’t think they’re solid wood. They seemed more like HDF with a printed on pattern.
                    Brad
                    Lake Union, Seattle
                    Seattle Yacht Club

Comment

We replaced ours with IKEA chairs. Cheap, comfortable, look good. Pang chairs, $99.00.
                      And, they fit through the door.
                      1991 4588
                      SE Michigan

Comment

We also replaced our chairs with a single chair from IKEA and a footstool with storage. The barrel chairs fit out the door. Gave them to one of our kids and they still use them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	650344

2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
                        12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
                        MV Kia Orana
                        Currently Enjoying the PNW

Comment

Working...
                        X